1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Quick help corner(other than cars)

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jun 10, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Dell vostro touchpad

In my Dell vostro I am facing a problem. While typing suddenly the cursor goes randomly in to the typed text. It looks like the touch pad is oversensitive. Many of my colleagues also said they have this problem. If I type some thing serious Now days I connect a keyboard and type.
    Does any one face this problem with your laptop?
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I faced this issue in HP. I think it is common, when you type with fingers your palm sides are very close to the touchpads and moves the cursor.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Income tax

Do I have to pay tax for the money received from selling the old car? I have already payed EMI from the money left after paying the taxes:confused:
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If you made profit by selling the old car, yes it is taxable. That's what I understand from below text.
    From wiki.answers:Does selling your old car count as income and do you have to pay income tax on that?

Whether the money received from the sale of your car is taxable or not depends on if the car was for business vs. personal use.

If the car has been used in a business and there was a tax deduction taken for depreciation, you must report the recapture of depreciation from the sale on Form 4797 and calculate any gain or loss. A gain would be taxable; a loss may be deductible against your other income.

Losses on the sale of personal property are not deductible, but gains from such sales are taxable. The gain is calculated by subtracting the amount of the sale minus the purchase price. It is rare to have a gain on the sale of a personal vehicle because no depreciation deduction can ever be taken for personal use items. Therefore, the cost/basis of the vehicle remains the same (what you originally paid for the car). For the vast majority of cars, the selling price is less than what the owner paid for it. However, classic and collector cars have been known to yield gains for their owners. If you happened to be fortunate enough to buy a car which became a classic and increased in value, you would have a reportable capital gain. For these types of gains, the amount of tax owed depends on how long the car was owned. If owned for a year or longer, the long-term capital gain treatment is applied and the taxes are less than if the car was owned for less than a year.
    1 person likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    This sounds common and very irritating issue. I had this on my laptop.

What you can do:

Go to touchpad properties. Deactivate unwanted functions e.g. gestures & few other functions. Secondly, lowering the response speed of touch pad would also help, if the option is available.

I started using a small laptop mouse to completely avoid this irritating issue.

PS: Earlier IBM R52 series Laptops never had this issue. Those were one of the best rugged laptops.
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1 person likes this.
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For the touch pad issue try disabling the multi /enhanced gesture capability. The recent touch pads has got many enhanced functionalities like Two finger scrolling, two finger rotate, pinch zoom etc. This also increases the sensitivity of touch pads. For normal operation we dont use any of these functions. So you can disable these & give a try.
    1 person likes this.
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Touchpad of my Laptop has this option in its settings/ properties. I disabled it alongwith many more such options which are rarely used.
  10. My laptop (Dell Inspiron 15R) have a key to disable touch pad. I disable touch pad, when I type.
    1 person likes this.