1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Questions on Rear lights, climate control, iPod

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Lenny, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Hi all!

I didn't know where exactly to post my queries, but since they seem technical, I have placed this mail under 'Technicals'.

I have a few questions/problems that I am facing and need your help for...

1. My Punto’s rear fog light on the left hand side lights up/glows when I reverse the car (besides also functioning as a fog light when needed – which is fine)…Is this normal or is there a problem?

2. The rear reverse red light on the right hand side, however, doesn’t light up when I reverse the car. As far as I know, it should…Do I need to change the bulb in it through TASS?

3. When I switch on the Climate Control in my car, there’s this slight “ghat ghat ghat” purring (fan rotation) noise that’s pretty clearly audible from the driver’s seat, is this normal?

4. I have an iPod shuffle as well as a Nano. When I insert it in I hear the 'programmed lady' announcing the name of a song from the iPod but it doesn't play, how can i fix this?

PLEASE HELP ME CLEAR THESE COBWEBS :( IN MY MIND... :anyone
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I can answer your 2 questions.
    The rear fog light is the Red light on the right side. The left side White light is reverse light.
    So your light system is working as designed. ::D
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    You made the right choice.

Go to Service center and get the wiring checked....its may be cross connection.....

Edit: May be Ravi is right....

Get it checked...ideally there should be "Humming Sound" it may be more in case you have a diesel car......

Here is your answer: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is nothing wrong with your car.Fog lights in the front are with a colourless glass like your headlights,where as the fog light (one only) at the rear is red.The transparent one is the reverre light. The sound you described of the A/C is normal for the first time you turn on the A/C after starting your engine (overnight).Once the belts are warm enough the sound disappears when you turn off/on the compressor.
  5. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    OOPS ::OO ! SORRY, THERE WAS A SERVER ERROR WHEN I WAS POSTING MY THREAD...PLEASE READ THE SUBSEQUENT POST AND HELP ME WITH IT.

THANKS! :mrgreen:
  6. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Allryt! Thanks guys: Ravi, Viveksonkhla and Srinivaschandalada...I feel better now.

One morething (I GUESS I'M THIS OVER-CONCERNED OWNER):

I'm planning to drive from Delhi to Shimla (about 350 odd kms one way / 6.50 hrs). My car is just about a month old, having done around 750 kms. I need to know...

CAN I DO A VISUAL CHECK ON MY CAR'S OIL LEVELS (COOLANT, BRAKE FLUID, ENGINE OIL, POWER STEERING, ETC.) OR WOULD YOU SUGGEST I GO TO THE TASS WORKSHOP AND CHECK ALL THAT, PLUS THE WHEEL ALIGNMENT..? 'Coz I was thinking I'll go and get it all checked at the workshop, which is not very far from my home.

What do you recommend?
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Lenny :

There is no need for all these checks. Just make sure that you get your wheel alignment done after you are back from the journey.

Make sure that you don't push your engine beyond 3000 RPM. Make sure that you drive in right gear ...and avoid potholes.....

Zirakpur to Kalka road is under construction so you may get stuck there for some time depending on the time of the day.... From Kalka to Solan roads are bit bumpy....so avoid speeding..I suggest you take Kumhar hatti to Barog to Soaln road and avoid NH 22 from Kumhar Hatti To Solan ...... The road from Solan To Shimla is a pleasure to drive.....

Have fun....
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    As you have only done 750 kms, there is really no need to check any of these things other than the wheel allignment (that too only if you feel any alignment issues, if not ur good to go with that as well)

I am assuming u must have checked these levels at the PDI when taking the delivery of the car. Also, if ur over curious, u can check these levels urself. Its very simple and it would prepare you for future checks as well. Keep the number of RSA with you all the time.

Happy motoring and njoy the trip ::T
  9. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    @viveksonkhla: thanx a ton for the highway update, i'll keep the route in mind. I'll also check for wheel alignment later.
    @ansal11: thanx for the reassurance. Yup, I hope to enjoy the trip :)

Cheers guys!
  10. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Punto stretched for a short while

Heyy!

I finally returned from my Delhi-Mashobra trip, 'twas quite an amazing experience with breath-taking scenary and snow :cool: .

At certain stretches of the highway (esp. GT-Karnal road), I exceeded the recommended 30rpm, touching 140kph. I felt guilty, but again reassured myself that a few minutes of pushing my car wouldn't harm her. I hope I didn't do anything wrong with this, what say? ::pP

Overall, the car performed extremely well, hugging the curvy roads of the hillside terrain. I've now completed around 1650 kms. Though it's not time yet for my 1st servicing, I just feel like taking my baby to the workshop and getting her completely checked et al, although touchwood there are no problems with the car. What do you guys have to say about this, should I go get a general checkup done or wait till my first servicing? :anyone