Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by srida, Jul 21, 2011.
srida I found this universal bottle holder on ebay India....Maybe this might solve the issue though I havent tried it :
Hu Hu !! I have booked the Grand Punto 90 HP BNW today Morning. Booking was done at VST motors, Anna Nagar, Chennai. I have paid 25 K for booking and asked for delivery on Sep 1 (Ganesh Chadhurthi).
I have a concern guys. Please help me. While booking I have mentioned that I would not take a car from the stock yard which belongs before July 2011. The SE told me that she can place a new order for me. But Just now she called me and told that they have a BNW 90 HP in the stock yard which is April model. Also they cannot place for new orders if the requested variant and color is already available in the Yard. She has asked me to visit the stock yard and have a look at the car and then decide. What should I do guys ? Is it better to cling to my request for a July/August Model or take the April model ? Help me guys.
That was a great find vivek. Thanks for the info. I will give a try.
3-4 months old vehicle should be ok, but you should be satisfied.
Thorough PDI is must.
And theory of new order can't be placed is just diversions. Tell them you would book from others.
Srida first let me congratulate for mighty car. Youwill feel that Your single is worth when you will drive this car on Highway Trust me.
Lets come to the car now. As dealer is insisting you to take a delivery of 3-4 month old car then this is the time to bargain. Bargain as much as possible or ask him to give you July Manufactured car.
Dont accept the car at the first time & bargain a lot.
Thanks Kedar and Ravi.
"Bargain" was the first word that came to mind when the dealer asked me to take the April Model Car. But my worries are, the car has been lying Idle for almost 4 months in the yard and that too during the monsoon which may affect the smooth ownership. Anyways I am gonna visit the yard with my family members as no one except my wife has seen the car. I will check if the car is OK and then decide.
Do check the condition of the April car. Also check the no. of kilometers it has run , preferably with the symbol H present on the odometer.
Diesel cars can easily take standing idle for a month or two without any issues. It's only that petrol cars start acting funny when the petrol turns to varnish after sitting for so long. So, if you get a good deal ( read bargain) on the April car and it is mechanically healthy, go for it. No worries.
Srida...just to give you some info. I am probably the guy with maximum value of the following Manufactured Date(MD) - Sold Date(SD) = 7 months . Not that I am proud of it but touch wood no major issues till now . When I bought the car, TFI and PDI were like greek so forgot to check this stuff . There have been no issues till now specifically for this reason. Hoping none crop up either. Done 14K now. I have come across guys whose MD - SD = 1 month and have faced quiet some issues. So I guess its just your luck. Do a PDI and see if you can get a good bargain. And if all is ok I think no problem in going with an April model.
Go going by the Comments, I should be OK with the April MFD Car if all the PDI goes well. Is it OK to do the PDI this weekend and take the delivery after 15 days or shall I do the PDI a day before the delivery. Also do I have anything specific to look for on a car waiting on the stock yard for 4 months ?
Separate names with a comma.