1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Question "When Car ? "is Answered. Now the Question is "What Car ?"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by srida, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @srida, I was in the same dilemna as you are , when i bought my car last december. The interiors of Fabia are very nice because they are biege and the plastic quality is nice. Every part seems as if its made for each other. Interior space also appears more than Punto .Just when I had almost got carried away ; something in me told me to make a logical thinking. At the time I got my car last december Fabia was costing more than the Punto 90hp after all the discounts . Add to that , I saw its a 3-pot engine . Now we all know that recently there has been a rift between suzuki and volkwswagen because suzuki has decided to stick with the Fiats MJD engine ; probably realizing that the Volkswagen 3 pot is not match for Fiat MJD. I now realize that w.r.t engine my decision was not wrong w.r.t Fiat MJD.
    Apart from that there were no rear wipers , no steering mounted controls no blue tooth and no USB even in the top end model of Fabia. And even the top end model of Fabia had 14 inch wheels as compared to Punto 15 inche. Well the interior space of Fabia is more than the Punto but not SO MUCH more. One reason that it appears very spacious is because of the biege effect. Plastic quality is very good in Fabia but in Punto its average but not so bad . Another thing good in Fabia is the music system ; which even with 2 speakers sounds pretty nice and better than Fiats music system . Later on I realized its not the music system that is a problem in FIAT but the speakers are not that good . They can easily be replaced and then you get to hear pretty decent stuff . Further I heard very bad reviews about skoda ASS even worse than the "once upon a time FIAT ASS" reviews. I dont know if the skoda ASS has now improved.

All in all I finally drifted and went ahead with Punto 90hp ; done almost 15K and have enjoyed every bit of it. :drinks
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Punto 90 is the car for you.

Whatever advantages the Fabia may seem to be offering you, will fizzle out rather quickly when the normal, read normal and routine service costs start accruing.

Plus, the 1.2 diesel compared to the Multijet 90hp is like comparing ''congress grass''-(parthenium) with roses.

So, make a reasoned choice. I have steadfastly maintained that Punto is the segment benchmark till date. And it holds true still.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hey Srida, I feel your wife is just trying to be rational about fabia (although her only criteria seems to be the interiors) where as u have been truly smitten by the punto like every other punto owner on this forum.

lets say you go ahead and buy a fabia.
    now try to imagine what you will feel everytime you see a punto passing by on the road !!
    will your heart crib about something then...??

If you can relate to the above lines then buy the punto.. else go ahead with the fabia
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    srida dont expect yr wife to select a car for u. its your knowledge that is most important. if you are satisfied with Punto just go for it. you cant compare a Punt to a Fab. its like comparing kohinoor to a piece of american diamond.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is a statement(and fact) that even a hard core anti-Fiatian cannot stop making. Fabia has spacious interiors and has the quality interiors, but Punto is not far behind and infact the steering and dash has its on class and it is more sporty than fabia, but punto just kills fabia in terms of look. When ever I see a Punto in my RVM or approaching me from front it just thrill me. It has a look that never fade. Go for Punto 90 HP.

@Gurjinder : A good comparison.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    No doubt the fabia's interior quality, the fit and finish is leaps ahead of the punto, but from the outside, there's still no one in India right now which can give the punto a competition in the looks department. The multijet on the other hand is one of the best diesel engines known! It's way more refined than the fabia, more fuel efficient, more powerful, much more fun to drive, refined! And the after sales service, FIAT is better than SKODA!! :D
  7. That Fab Vs Punt comparision Helped me a Bit. Thanks a Lot.

I am yet to TD a Punto 90. What i heard was that the difference is not much in 1st and 2nd gear. Also it costs 7.8 on road. I have already extended my budget for Punto 75 EPK. Stretching more is not easy, anyways will see what happens. When Punto 75 is for me for sure Punto 90 too is for me.

You are absolutely right. But I couldn't imagine my wife sitting in a punto and cribbing me looking at a fabia.

I wish I am the only deciding factor. But not all happens as per our wish. Moreover she too drives the car often. So I have to listen to her preferences too and her preferences are not that bad to stop her.

I am loving this sort of comparison where Punto wins. Thanks Buddy.

--------------
    The Latest update is that My wife is kinda OK for Punto. She is afraid I might be blaming her if something goes wrong (like ride, comfort, mileage, power, Acceleration or anything) in fabia. She likes Blaming rather than being blamed [Ladies]. And I am more confident that Punto will not let her blame me for any reasons. May be in two or three weeks time I should be ready to book the Punto.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srida ..Keep us updated. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I am sure you will give us all a happy news. Waiting for that.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Srida,

True words of wisdom, only married people will understand.

Since this is an 'occupational hazard', you might as well go in for the Punto.

Regards
    Johnny

10. Sure I will do my best to join the fiat club Cinju. From ur profile pic I see you own a T Wine Punto. I read somewhere in the forum that T Wine paint perforates. Is that true in in your case. Or is it common with all colors? My preference is Black Punto but my wife wants T Wine. Atleast on color I will listen to her. Moreover Black paint on punto is not as good as Black in Fabia or Polo (best). So I will be going for T Wine [looks royal but not sporty].

The one thing I wud miss in punto but not in Fabia is the bottle holder. We carry at least 2 bottles most of the time. So is there any accessories available in the market for punto to hold bottles ? Anybody any idea?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.