1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Question "When Car ? "is Answered. Now the Question is "What Car ?"

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by srida, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been planning to buy a Diesel hatch for almost 2 years. Had been postponing for some reasons. Now the time has come as I am blessed with a baby boy. So the answer for the question "When Car ? " is NOW. Now the question is What Car ? The List started with Indica Vista, Ford Figo, Maruti Ritz, Skoda Fabia and VW Polo. Indica Vista was a strong contender for the Space, Comfortable ride (Soft suspensions) and VMF factor. I almost decided to go for it. In the showroom the SE told me that TATA has stopped giving the Airbags in the 2011 Models. I was strictly 'No Airbag No That Car'. I showed my disappointment in front of the SE. He said if u need airbag u can check the Fiat Punto. Since he asked me to check it out and since the car was standing next to Vista, i thought why lazy ? Just check it. Till then i was not a Big Fan of Fiat Cars, Punto had never come to my thoughts of owning it. I was very close to a Fiat Hater (For no reasons) till the time I opened the Driver Doors of the Punto. I tried to open it like I do it in my Santro. The door is still not open, without my knowledge my other hand came to help me open the door. So Strong ? Hmm. After spending some time moving in and around the car, I thought I will leave. Walked till the Exit door, erasing my earlier thoughts about fiat cars. Like shown in movies, I turned back and looked the punto once again like the hero turns and looks at the heroin just after their first meet. I smiled and went back to the Punto, opened the door spent some more time inside the Punto. I got out of the car and asked the SE I want to Test Drive. The next day I got the TD. From the time I left the showroom and to the time I sat inside the TD Punto, I was very exited like I am gonna have a Date with gorgeous looking woman next day. Exactly the same feeling, Believe it or not. After the TD I was like "Will U Please Marry Me Punto ? "

We did go to the Skoda showroom too. To my surprise my Wife too told the same story as mine but the car was Fabia. :eek:. I say No Fabia, she says no Punto :( I am sure she wants Fabia only for the looks. Fabia is a good car too but since it is 3 POT and costs a lot to maintain I do not want to go for it. Now the Dilemma is very crucial. Fab or Punt ? Could some one help me out in this ? Like the Feel i have for Punto My wife has it for Fabia. Either one of us will be Hurt. I don't wanna Her hurt but if it is worth I will do it :rolleyes:. But is it really worth? Is Punto really better than Fabia ? Help me guys.

PS: Only the last line in my post comes to the point. But if in case I buy a Fabia, I may not get a chance to write down my punto love story. Thats why I had to make a long post. Sorry Guys.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srida ..excellent write up. The best thing you can do is compare the features with Fabia. I know Fabia offers many features, but if you really go deep Punto will be the best VFM and you can bet on that. You are going to shed some extra lakhs just for the looks of Fabia ..Technically Punto is a generation ahead of Fabia . Why dont you ask you wife to take a test drive of Punto ? Well I would say a simple thing ..Either listen to your brain or listen to your heart :) . Maybe you can just go through this link to know the features of Punto (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/show...d-choice/page2)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Take your wife to FIAT and SKoda showroom

1) Take TD of Punt (I will prefer 90HP Punto it costs the same as FABIA) and Fab back to Back.

2) Ask her to listen the noise of the engine from inside as well as from outside for both the car.

3) Take the car & go to the highway, show her how Punt 90HP & Fab rides. Give her explaination in simple words.

4) Show her feature list, technical specifications and dimensions of both the cars along with the price quote.

5) Show her the maitanance cost for both the cars.

6) Leave the decision on her and buy the car as per her choice. I am damm sure that she will ask you to buy Punt 90HP.

This is my personal experience. I did the same thing when I bought 1.2 Emotion Punto. Now I sold that Punto 1.2 Emotion & booked Punto 1.3 90HP Emotion Pack
  4. Thank you cinju and kedarbendre.

We Both did the TD of both the cars on Highways, Bad Roads, Traffic Signals, etc.

I liked the Ride Comfort, solid feel and almost everything in Punto except for the primitive styled AC Vents and Poor Plastics here and there.
    She feels ride comfort, solidity, acceleration and what ever she knows is same in both punto and fabia :|. What she like in Fabia than punto is the Looks and the Interiors. To her, spending 8 L , the car should look good both from inside and outside. The Biege interiors impressed her. She feels punto looks like Vodafone Zoo Zoo. (Please pardon her for me :p). Yes I too feel Fabia Interior is more premium than Punto, but black is a guys thing, I don't wanna miss that. I am afraid I may lose in this war. Anyways we have planned to go to the showrooms once again to end the war. We may again TD. I will keep u guys updated.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    When you are going to Showroom, please visit the service center also and have chat with SC Managers. Ask them the maintanance cost for both the cars. Compare the maintanance cost and accident repair cost of both the cars, then take the decision.

Ask her to read out the reviews about Skoda FABIA and Punto.
  6. Surely will do. And for the New Fabia, I dont find any ownership reviews. I tried in Team BHP. Anywhere else i could try ?
  7. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    Sorry to hijack your thread, just wondering how much the maintenance cost come for Punto90hp Diesel. Also, i heard first interval is for 3000kms and second interval is at 15000kms. Can someone please let me know how much they paid for both servicing's?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. The URL dosent work. Are the Tyres in Punto E PK tubless ?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srida yes in Punto right from the basic model the tyres are tubeless
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.