1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Question for Punto Owners - Seat Comfort

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by micky123, Aug 1, 2013.

1. micky123

micky123 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi All,

I am new to this forum and specifically requested membership just so i can get my question answered from Punto owners.
    To give you a background, i am considering buying a new car to replace my 2008 Maruti 800 BS III (53000 km on the clock). Since my usage is on the higher side, i was looking at a diesel car.

Had a chance to drive a Punto the other day from Fiat Caffe and was blown away! Just loved the way the car handled in comparison to the Figo and Pulse (The Other Contenders!). I am almost sold on the Punto, the only worry i had (Wifey too) is that the seats did not appear to be very comfortable, in fact they felt very stiff. Calling all Punto Owners to clarify if the seats becoming more comfortable over time or do they still remain stiff?

When i asked this question to the sales guy, he said that the TD car was new (Sorry dont believe that, 30000 on the odo!), when i pointed this out, he then said that the suspension setup was on the stiffer side (not very convinced with that answer!)

If i can get this question answered to my satisfaction, then this car becomes my No.1 contender. Wifey wants to check the Honda Amaze as well, but my heart wants to go with the Punto! Please Help!
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Micky,

My ODO is 500 and its been almost 3 weeks since i bought the car. I have asked my friends, parents who sat behind and in the passenger seats. They all felt very comfortable even on the bad roads i have driven so far.

On a side note, please note that Amaze quality is too poor.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think seats comfort will change with time.
    However, I personally like the comfort, and even driving long, i never felt uncomfortable.
    You (or any one) adjust with seats in few days.

If this is the only thing holding you back from buying punto, go ahead and take it. It will not disappoint you.

Also, do check Amaze as well. You must take what you like more.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    TFIan Dattatray did an almost non-stop Mumbai - Gurgaon drive this Monday in his Punto Multijet. 1400+ km's in around 20 or so hours. Overall trip mileage for the 1400+km's = 19.3kmpl.

I hope that will answer all your queries about comfort in the Punto over long distances and its efficiency.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    this sunday i went on a 150 kms drive on my friends vento tdi.
    one thing which i could not help but notice that its front seats were shorter by 2-3 inches atleast compared to my punto!

have had few friends remark that punto's front seats are like sofa (size)!
    1 person likes this.
  7. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Recently I went to Bangalore to Yercaud..did sightseeing..then came down to Salem attended a friends party and night back towards Bangalore. .was almost on steering whole day..dint face any stress due to sitting comfort..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. Seats and suspension isbon stiffer sude cimpared to M800.How ever slightly harder seats guves better comfort to the body than softer seats.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Punto's seats are like sofa..they are so comfortable that i and and my family wont get stress,back and leg pain..they are extremely comfortable and soft and not stiff like say Chevrolet Sail's..Amaze's seats are not big and supportive like Punto's..In Punto seats are big and comfortable so little less leg space compared to Amaze because of big seats whereas Amaze seats are small,not supportive,uncomfortable for long journeys..so because of small seats u get little bit more legroom than Punto for which they say Amaze is spacious and has very comfortable seats:evilsmile..
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Precisely my take. Have quoted this number of times. Front seats of Punto jus pampers its occupants. It feels huge. Just for the feel if it, one should have a look at the sheer size of front seats seated at rear. Its massive and quite thick as well, which eats into leg room at the rear. Don't think any hatch offers such thick profile seats. Having said that, Punto's seats are touch hard compared to others, which is the reason people tend to feel soft seats are better in shorter test drives. But when it comes to long term usage, I hate softer seats. Feel there is lack of firm support to the body and develop sore back unlike Punto's case. But trust me, it takes sometime to realise and enjoy the benefits of Punto's seat set up. Till then, every other soft cushioned seats feels better. Even the rear seats; though short on leg room, angle of seat inclination is quite good. Few cars like Swift have almost upright inclination at the rear.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013