1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query regarding suspension issue/upgrade -- Punto 2012 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Techno, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Techno

Techno Timido

Hello TFI Folks,

I've got Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic Mar 2012 and just completed 5 years on my ride. As you all are aware, no more extended warranties and all. I've been visiting DRS Fiat Gurgaon for servicing and other issues of my car. One of the most prominent one being the issue with my Front right suspension which sounds a strange kruch/krich sound whenever the suspensions go over a pothole or speed-breakers. This sound only occurs when suspensions go over sever pot-holes or speed-breakers, not on normal/even some weary roads it is not there. I showed the issue to guys at DRS, all they could diagnose was a leak in suspension and suggested me to replace suspension/mounts/both RMs and link rod as well. A close Rs. 10000+ of estimate not including labor.

BUT, this problem started in my car from 2nd year onwards and since then I've got most of the above mentioned parts replaced (under warranty) out of which suspension & mounts have been changed 4 times. Still the problems occurs every 6 months, which is why I'm not confident enough with the solution provided my DRS FASS. I made them aware of my reservations but all they could do was blame Gurgaon roads for this and also mentioned that there is 1 another owner in Gurgaon with same issue.

Are there other Punto 2012 1.3 MJD owners (irrespective of geography) who're facing this kind of problem ? I'd really like to if they were able to sort it out and how ? Would greatly appreciate if they can point me to relevant discussion if this is already done and dusted :)

Also, if there is after-market suspension solution for this, I'd like to know about it. My concern is that if I'm spending money it better be a better solution to go for, than to get the issue recur after 6 months again. Mind you my drive is not more than 5K Kms. in 6 months & is mostly on NH-8/NH-1. City drive is limited to 20-30 Kms for office commute.

Looking forward to kind suggestions.

--
    Saras

2. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

3. Techno

Techno Timido

Currently, I'm not aware of reliable mechanics outside of FASS at Gurgaon or Jaipur. I look forward for people suggesting me reliable mechanics if they know of any.

I also saw another thread where owner is having same issue as mine:

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/punto-suspension-problem.9820/

Expecting an answer from there as well :)

4. cassini

cassini Amatore

Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello @Techno, I also have a 2012 Grande Punto 1.3 Multijet and I've faced similar issue, twice now in fact. Both times the issue was fixed by replacing the suspension mounts, first time it was replaced under warranty at around 25,000 kms and the second time it was replaced during a major service at 65,000 kms. The replacements were done at Bengaluru based KHT Motors (2013-14) and Vecto Motors (April 2017). The car is silky smooth now, and the sound is gone too. In my case, it was probably caused by the notorious speed bumps of Bengaluru. I take extra care now to not hit these unscientifically built bumps at high speeds.