1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query on rod between front bumper lower grill and radiator

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ugandhar, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

My 8 months old punto hit the Dog,Front bumber,lower grill and fog lamp broken completely.
    Anyway i replaced them, But there is a rod between lower grill and radiator which is not fixed by workshop guys.
    They are saying it's not useful and we wont be getting the part of plastic which fit this rod on both sides for new bumper and it comes only first time from company fit.
    is it True ? As i can see it's not doing any mechanical function in car.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ugandhar

I am interested to know which part are you referring to? Can you post some pics of the part please for ready reference? If the part comes with the car, then the spare should be available in the workshop. If they dont have it or are playing games, giving silly reasons then contact Fiat on the website or FB page. You should get a response from them.

Can you confirm if you claimed insurance for the damages? If so whats the amount and how was the process?
  3. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

I am going to get my car tomorrow, it's in KHT workshop in bangalore. I can upload the picture tomorrow.
    But it can be seen exactly between lowergrill and radiator. small pipe kind of silver rod which will be screwed next/above the two fog lamps.
    The part which they are screwed comes with the bumper and it comes only with factory bumper they say...
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 27, 2014 ---
    Here is the pic.... called fiat-india for the same, And they took details of vehicle no and service center...

20141018_103715.jpg
    ghodlur likes this.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    This might be a punto specific part as anything like that is not present in my Linea.
    Is your intercooler damaged ? I can see some patches behind the rod you have marked
  5. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Atlast got my car yesterday.. i had Private car package policy from CLV process(GE) and i didn't even get the half of the total cost from this bajaj allianz package policy. Insurance paid by leasing company so they went this kind of policy.

20141101_092718.jpg

20141031_164409.jpg
  6. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am seeing small gap between the headlights and new bumper.... is it ok ?

20141101_135523.jpg
  7. ugandhar

ugandhar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went back to workshop today somehow they adjusted, Also Linea front bumper contains the Locks at same place which fit properly where as punto bumper doesn't have the same kind of locks and there is a curve at the same place :)

@vIjAy_kHaSa
    The same rod is present for linea too, took below photo in workshop . May be it will come in new models.

20141108_102034.jpg
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There must have been a design change at some point of time (most probably at time of AC upgrade) as my 2009 build car just have power steering fluid cooling pipes and metal safety bar with foam on it in front of inter-cooler, condenser and radiator.