1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query On Extended Warranty / Reverse gear Issue

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sudharson, Aug 24, 2017.

1. sudharson

sudharson Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Folks,
    I have some queries related to my PUNTO Evo 2016.

Extended Warranty:
    1. What the normal warranty that we will be getting for Fiat Punto Evo ?
    2. I have called TVS Ramkay and they said that total of 3 Years of Warranty is there for my car and that will be ended by April 2019 as I have purchased on April 2016 , But on purchase I remember that I have paid for the extended warranty for my car. So just want to double check !!

Reverse Gear Not locking:

The reverse gear was not properly locking and when I release the clutch its giving some GRRRRRRRRR noise and I have informed the service station related to this and he told you would have not pressed the Clutch properly for applying gear and the service station guy escaped , Now again I have noticed the same things when I try reversing in a slope the gear was not locking even though if im pressing the clutch properly my car going forward :D , Does any one has the same kind of issue please let me know if you found any solution for it.

2. gpunto75

gpunto75 Regolare

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think this issue of reverse gear is normal to Fiat. I too had taken my car to the FASS within one month. They told to press the clutch properly. It still happens once a while.
    I think you can make it out at the moment you slot into the reverse gear. If it is smooth transition, you notice it's not normal and you probably have missed something, you have the chance of getting that noise, and no movement.
    In such case, with clutch pressed, retry slotting into the reverse gear.
    If it's not at all happening on the slopes, you can escalate the matter to Fiat and get the work done.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  3. --gKrish--

--gKrish-- Novizio

TVM, Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Regarding warranty, check your previous service bill. Warranty and ext. warranty start/end dates will be specified at the top.

And about the reverse gear issue, it is not just about fully pressing the clutch. Even on a brand new car or car with a new clutch kit, the noise may appear if the gears are spinning with the output shaft static. Its quite tricky in fiats and had me going for a while in the first few days. What I do is, I press both clutch and brake fully and once the car is stationary, I'd pull the lever to the right extreme and before pulling into the slot, slowly release brake so the gear would mesh easily. You dont have synchro's in reverse gear so feeling the gate and slotting is the technique. In cold starts,it happens on most cars. Just move the car in first and then slot to reverse.

A rare possiblity is your clutch on the way out but then you'd have troubling shifting other gears too. Please check if your floor mats are hindering the clutch pedal travel.

--gK--

4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    During my purchase in August 2015, Ramkay sales person informed me that Fiat stopped offering extended warranty.

If you hear grrr sound, shift to neutral and then slot into reverse again. Worked for me always.

5. sudharson

sudharson Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @gpunto75 @--gKrish-- @carl_jhonson Thanks for your reply .... I will check with the showroom guys for the warranty as I still needs clarification on the warranty as I remember they have told me that you will have extended warranty.....

carl_jhonson likes this.
  6. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have made it a habit now to double clutch before engaging reverse gear. Same thing was told to me by FASS: they cant do anything about it.

I think FCA stopped providing extended warranty due to some issues with the 3rd party service provider for extended warranty.
    If you do have EW, they should have given you a separate invoice with the details of EW.

My 2014 GP had 3 years warranty and now 2 years EW till 2019, which I'm hoping to not have to use at any time at all! I have a separate invoice for 6.6k Rs or so.