1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query: Delhi - Mumbai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by shikhar10882, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Finally, the things have started getting into place.
    In last one and a half month, that I have been away from TFI, various variations came into this plan of driving down to Mumbai.

First, while the route was (after expert opinions) as Delhi - Jaipur - Kishangarh - Chittor - Udaipur - Ahembdabad - Vadodra - Mumbai, the recent update on Delhi Jaipur route condition advised it to be avoided.

Second, while all the things were on table, my parents became skeptical of the plan, and that resulted into booking of train tickets of the journey. I made the booking with a heavy heart.

Now, with the latest turn of events, the original plan has again come to life. These were: (1) While my wife travelled to Mumbai by train about 15 days back, she was sure that she will not be able to take a train with our 10 months old daughter. She (actually, both of them) did not enjoy the journey. and (2) due to some urgent issues at work, my father could not get leaves, resulting into him dropping out. He did not want mom to travel alone (me and my parents were booked for different dates). Both these things combined, the drive down seemed the more practical option and with a Grin on my face I cancelled all the bookings.

Now the count down has begun, as I leave from Ghaziabad to Agra in next 6 days and on 7th day I shall start from Agra - take Agra Jaipur road and meet the NH 8 at Jaipur.

Now I seek your opinions on things to be packed along - besides lots of water, candies and snacks.

Req to Mod: May consider modifying the title and remove "Query" from there... as the following updates shall be done in this thread only!!!
  2. While the things are under finalization ... I went though another thread...

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/3443-blr-mum-jaipur-del-srinagar-leh.html

Where I came across this comment:

This made me once again look into the Google Maps...
    Now it seems there are two options of getting out of the expressway. one is to get out of the Expressway to avoid the city...
    One is to take the exit at the Sardar Patel Ring Road... or continue further and take the exit at NH 48....

Seek your opinion on which one of the two is preferable???
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    While coming from Udaipur to Mumbai, stick to Sardar Patel Ring Road that will take you to NE1 to Vadodara. In the reverse direction from Vadodara to Delhi, take the down ramp meant for Himat Nagar/Udaipur/Jaipur that will take you to Sardar Patel Ring Road, and then, to NH 8. Don't take the ramp meant for Ahmedabad. Go slowly at the end of NE1 so that you will not miss the correct ramp meant for Udaipur.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Thanks a zillions Ravi sir....
    You truly are the inspiration behind my courage of planning this road trip...
    Closely following, have read the responses to the other concerns that you have replied to in your thread...

Seek your further guidance on things to pack along, as seemed in my comment #21 of this thread... Like things to pack along and stuff...
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea carries the following essential things always:

1. Spare engine oil
    2. Spare coolant solution
    3. Spare windshield cleaning solution
    4. Spare wheel inflated to specified pressure
    5. Tool kit including wheel spanner/jack
    6. Portable 12V tyre compressor
    7. Umbrellas
    8. Tyre puncture repair kit
    9. Tissues/paper napkins
    10. Navigator/Road atlas/maps
    11. Drinking water
    12. Biscuits/fruits/fruit-juice/snacks [only while going on long trip]
    13. Currency notes/coins in various denomination stored in hand-rest compartment to pay for toll
    14. Original documents of the vehicle [RC+insurance+PUC certificate] and original driving licence of the driver
    15. Owner's handbook of vehicle including address/contact numbers of the authorised service stations
    16. Torch light
    17. Spare headlamp bulbs
    18. First-aid kit
    19. Mobile charger/pen-drive containing favourite songs/music
    20. Laptop charger
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Wow!!!
    Now that is what I call a MASTER CHECK LIST...
    Thanks again Sir!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Update:

Completed the 3700 km - 65 Hrs - 6 days Haul!!!

TFI was down when I left on 19th, so could not update!!
    Highlights -
    Ghaziabad to Agra - 19th October 2012 - 3:40pm - 7:40pm
    Night Stay at Agra
    Agra to Udaipur - 20th October 2012 - 4:30am to 3:00pm
    Night Stay at Udaipur
    Udaipur to Mumbai - 21th October 2012 - 4:30am to 3:30pm
    In Mumbai - 21st Evening to 26th Morning
    Mumbai to Udaipur - 26th October 2012 - 4:30am to 5:30pm
    (Accident between Vadodhra and Surat - Car caressed by truck while overtaking - Left rear wheel arch fender badly damaged - car given for repairs - the panel shall be changed)
    Udapiur to Agra - 27th October 2012 - 6:30am to 5:00pm
    Agra to Ghaziabad - 27th October 2012 - 7:30pm to 10:00pm

Detailed travelogue to come later!!!!
    1 person likes this.