1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query: Delhi - Mumbai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by shikhar10882, Aug 17, 2012.

1. After having kept the beast in leash for almost 3 months and 2200 kms, I am finally planning to take her out on her first real highway experience, as I plan a drive down to Mumbai during on around 18th October (Too early to start discussing the idea??? Well, I would like to know alot of things and finalize as many as possible forehand).

So far, my car has done only Office - Home routine and fortnightly trips to delhi / noida / gurgaon, only making it once to NH, i.e, NH 2 to Agra.
    Well, the first few questions thrown open in the forum from my side are:

1. The Two alternate routes for me are –
      1. Ghaziabad – Agra – Indore (Night-stay) – Mumbai
      2. Ghaziabad – Jaipur – Udaipur (Night-Stay) – Mumbai
    In the initial studies of various travelogues, I have found that NH 8, ie, Option B is better when it comes to road conditions. However, all the scripts I could come across were dated first half of 2011, which will make the facts about 1.5 years old. So, anyone with knowledge of latest update on condition and recommend me a route? Somewhere I even read that Kishangarh – Udaipur route (a detour on NH 8) is under renovation / expansion. (True???).
    Some of the constraints while deciding the routes are:

1. I reside in Ghaziabad, while my Parents are in Agra. They will be accompanying me in the trip, so if it is NH 3 (Option A), I will be going to Agra one day advance and then proceed or if it is Option 2, then they will have to join me in Ghaziabad one day in advance.
    2. I have relatives at Indore and Udaipur, hence the two alternates for night stay.
    3. I would be doing day journey only – 4~5 am to whatever time to night-stay destination.

1. So far my car has done 2200 odd kms, which might go up to 3000 km by the time it is time to push off for Mumbai. While the owner’s manual says that the first service of the car should be @5000 kms, I need your suggestions on:
      1. Should I get the car serviced @3000 kms before pushing off to Mumbai or
      2. Should I get her serviced @ Mumbai, when she would have clocked some 45-4800 kms.
    And if the recommendation is to get her serviced at Mumbai, I would also like to know the good options of where to get her serviced. I will be staying at Malad (W) Evershine.
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Whoa that is going to be some road trip! Ping Johnny sir - he is a regular on this route (well pretty much) with the most recent trip a couple of months ago.
  3. Hey... Thanks nkapoor..
    I am sorry for my ignorance, but may I have the contact details (e g username) of johnny sir...
    BTW... Nice to know of another Jet lover in NCR...
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    if you haven't found it already, his tfi handle is johnny!!
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  6. Amazing... Thanks alot @speedjet...
    Going thru it now and it is just reinforcing my decision of making this trip by road...
    And Yeh... Will surely keep you posted on the progress..
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    PM sent with Johnny sir's number.
  8. Thanks a lot NK...
    That number is an asset for me...
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shikhar I am glued to your thread because I am going to travel by this route in next year.
    1 person likes this.