1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Query about initial experience regarding Fuel Efficiency (Multijet)

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Rohan Desai, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Rohan Desai

Rohan Desai Timido

Mumbai,India
    Dear All,

My question is for all Multijet Linea users, what was their experience with the FE during the initial run. Currently my car has covered around H 115 KM and following is the TRIP A readings.

Trip A Distance : 64.5 Km
    Average Fuel Consumption : 7.5 Km/l :eek:
    Average Speed : 9 km

Is this normal for linea during the initial run ? Do i have to take precautions like not going beyond 80 Km/Hr for the initial 1000KM ?

I have checked the settings and it is in KMPL mode and not 1/100KM.

Since i am new to Fiat vehicles, would appreciate valuable feedbacks.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Rohan,

Sharing the experience being the same MJD engine user. Give some time for the engine to open up. I would suggest dont even look at the mileage for the first tank ful, in fact till the first service I would say. Alternatively take the car for a long drive > 200 kms. You will find the spike in the mileage. Ensure that you dont revv beyond the 3000 rpm range for the first 1000 kms.
  3. Avg speed of 9kmph, you will be driving in 1-2-3 gears at the best.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Please re-set Trip A to 0.
    The current data includes the initial drives by the showroom guys etc to take the vehicle out, park etc (ie, gears 1,2 or max 3).
    This can give very low FE. You should get very close to 20 KMPL.
    You change the settings to show km/l instead of lit/100km.
  5. Rohan Desai

Rohan Desai Timido

Mumbai,India
    @ Limraj : I think i did reset the Trip A setting because the overall KM travelled by my car is around 115, while the trip A distance shows 64.5. Also as said and read in various post, i had changed the setting to KMPL.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Reset the tripmeter and then drive on some open roads to really check mileage. These engines get great mileage right out of the box. I remember getting 22kmpl highway during the first highway trip when the Odometer reading was 100 or so.

Kindly do not take any "precaution" of not exceeding 80kmph. Read previous threads on this very thing. We have discussed it a LOT. Just drive it normally short of abusing it. In my personal experience, the engine felt opened up after 100 or so km's and I started taking it regularly to 3500rpm+ right from that stage only. Be gradual without abusing. That is all.

Cheers.
  7. Please donot hold on to 3500 rpm for more than a 30-50 seconds at a time. More you hold on to it more EGT can harm turbo as tighter engine can devolp higher temperature than properly run in engine.
  8. nethan

nethan Amatore

Bangalore
    KM Clocked : 130Km
    Avg Speed - 12Km/H
    Fuel Efficiency - 8.3KM/L
    Driving condition - 100% Bumper to Bumper bangalore traffic

-----

KM Clocked : 180KM
    Fuel Efficiency : 9.3 KM/L
    Average speed : 13 KM/H
    Driving Condition : 60 % Bumber to Bumper Traffic and 40 % less traffic

It happens during the initial KM clocked (due to slow speed drivng and low gears )

Simple Solution: Take your car for a short drive may be on a express highway and check it fuel efficiency :cool:
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013