1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Queries regarding my new Punto 1.4 Emotion Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by Lenny, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Hi everybody!
    I'm now a proud owner of a new Grande Punto 1.4L Emotion Pk. Great to be here with fellow Punto enthusiasts ::D

I have 2 questions that I seek ur answers/opinions about:
    1) Why don't they give ashtray and lighter in the car anymore? ::pP
    2) I just bought my baby 10 days back. This morning I saw my right rear tyre punctured (I think someone did it :A ). I got it repaired from a tyre shop here in New Delhi, fixed tube in the tubeless tyres. The shop guy (& my dealer) said it's not a problem if I keep using the now 'tubed' rear right tyre. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS, SHALL I USE MY SPARE TUBELESS TYRE OR STICK TO THIS ONE NOW? PLEASE HELP!

I'm confused and sad!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe putting tube in tubeless tyre will not harm. But my suggestion is to use spare tyre and use the tubed-one as spare.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Lenny. Welcome to TFI. ::T

1) Its a good move. They do not want to encourage smoking while driving. Smoking is very harmful to our health. It affects every part of our body from head to toe. Other than this, they want to keep production costs within some limits. Already Punto at 5-6 lacs is loaded with more features as compared to any other car upto 10-11 lacs.

2) I think you should use your spare tyre and use this one as spare tyre.
  4. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    Hi Ravi & PaddleShifter,
    Thanx a ton for ur suggestions regarding the spare tyre usage, I shall do the needful. Would need to transfer the alloy into the spare tyre. I also agree with PaddleShifter's point of Punto at 5-6lacs being loaded with more features as compared to any other car upto 10-11 lacs. Thanks once again!
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    tubes in tubeless tyres are NOT recommended. Was the puncture a big one that it cant be repaired with the repair kit??
  6. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    @soccerfan!
    Well, no, there were two punctures on the tyre, but they are not big ones, I think it can be repaired with the repair kit. He's a known family mechanic, so I'll tell him to take the tube back and repair the tyre puncture. Do you think this will be a good thing to do? Will it hamper the tyre? Help guys!
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i have got the stock cigerette lighter in my punto ...but fortunately i dont smoke...

ps:but i do not hesitate to show what ive got..hehe
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Congrats on owning a Punto.. Welcome the forum.
    Ciggi lighters can be purchased from local accessories shops.. costs between 200-400 (depends on how you bargain :wink: )

Tube in a tubeless is ok.. i have driven one of my earlier car with such a configuration (3 tubless and 1 tube) and have driven on highways and long journeys of about 1000kms stretch etc.. no issues wha! :drinks t so ever... but as the car is brandnew.. recommend you use this as spare and go for all tubeless...

Enjoy your ride.. Cheers :drinks
  9. Lenny

Lenny

New Delhi
    @Cubbie:
    Thanks a ton for the advice on the tyres. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I did yesterday. :)

I'll also keep in mind about the ciggy lighters. Good to see that u've owned a lot of other cars previously.

WISHING U ALL A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR - 2011 - HAPPY & SAFE DRIVING U ALL!! :)