1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Queries on buying a Linea

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gurjinder, Mar 11, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi

We've zeroed in on Linea MJD Emotion Pk as our next car. I have two queries regarding this

1. Is there any possibility of the 1.6 Multijet being launched for the Linea in the near future?

2. Whether Fiat plan to launch a re-designed / facelifted Linea for 2011?

The dealer called me to tell that the car is ready for delivery. I've been delaying the purchase because of the above two queries. All help is appreciated.

Regards

Gurjinder
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Gurjinder, Congrats for the Italian Beauty..!! hope you will enjoy munching miles with the Car & the Fantastic Multijet Engine will serve you well for years to come.

Regarding your queries:

1. I am also looking for the Linea 1.6, but sadly there is no information available till now for the Engine. Last we heard, that too from the ACI magazine that FIAT is developing the Gearbox for the 1.6 Engine, so no one knows when it will be launched in india. The Gearbox which they are using on the International Version of the 1.6 MJD IIRC, it was developed with GM, now they are developing their own.

2. Untill 2012, there is no facelifted version for the Linea planned AFAIK.

regards,
    Sanjeev
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    No new launches on the Linea platform in the near future.... There is absolutely no news in the market. 1.6 MJD is on the cards but going by Fiat standards (TJEt was in market almost a year and half after they revealed it) its a safe bet that you wont have a newer version for another year....
  4. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Don't see 1.6 coming in Linea anytime soon. Sad but the truth is Fiat has never been proactive in Indian market.
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks for all the replies

I enquired the VIN from the dealer who was promising ready delivery and the last three characters are AMZ . That means its manufactured in January 2011

I told him that's not acceptable and will wait now for them to procure a March 2011 manufactured Linea. I want to get as fresh a piece as i can . Dont want to get one which has been lying in the stockyard for 2+ months.

Gurjinder.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder paaji, a January 2011 model is completely safe but yes, if you can, wait for Feb-March 2011 manufactured Linea if you feel like.

I don't think that there is even a remote possibility of facelift in the pipeline in the near future.
    Regarding 1.6MJD, I'm not sure. Even if they announce it tomorrow, I don't see it getting delivered for the next 1 year.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks PaddleShifter

Which dealer do u prefer in the Chandigarh - Panchkula region and how has been your experience?

Im in Mohali.

Gurjinder.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gurjinder ji, Joshi was very co-operative in giving me multiple test drives frequently but I found Hind Motors, Chandigarh better than Joshi Autozone for pre-sales, because Joshi guys tricked me into booking a Punto 1.4 (refundable amount of Rs10000) from them by saying that they have a fresh BS-IV car in stock, but later they were kind of forcing me to opt for a 6-7 months old BS-III Punto 1.4 for a discount of mere Rs4,000/- or else pay Rs50,000/- as a non-refundable booking amount if I want a fresh piece.

You can contact the following persons:
    Hind Motors, Mohali- Mr Negi. He had given me a nice demo and is a very knowledgeable person. Though I didn't visited their Mohali branch again after I came to know about their Chandigarh outlet (cars have higher ex-showroom price in Mohali so better to buy in Chd or Pkl).
    Hind Motors, Chandigarh- Mr Prem or Mr Harish (you can tell them my name: Dr Yashik)
    Joshi Autos, Chandigarh- Talk to either Mr Manoj Jangra or Mr Rakesh Verma (this guy was really helpful).
    Banarsi Dass, Panchkula- I haven't got much idea about this dealership. They had just opened back then (I think) and were offering some good discounts.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks for all that information Paddle Shifter

P.S. Sundays are the busiest days i have , and will definitely be interested in a future get together of guys/gals passionate about FIAT. Hoping we'll get our Linea in March only.