1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Queries on Ahd - Mt abu - Ranakpur - Kumbhalgarh - Udaipur - Vadodara trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vinit, Aug 20, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Its Sightseeing with the relative and that too from the Wife's side :) Cant skip that... :)
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Haha... Ok... I understand. You can't skip Baroda sight seeing...

In that case... Are you willing to skip Mount Abu?

Mount Abu is over hyped hill station as we gujaratis don't have any other hill station near by with freedom of consuming liquor. You mumbai guys have much better hill stations near by which I am sure already would have visited N number of times. Mahabaleshwar, Matheran, lonavala, khandala, Lavasa etc... All those places are much better than mount Abu. I have visited all those and that's why I can comment on that.

If you are willing to skip mount Abu than you can cover Ranakpur, kumbhalgadh & chittorgarh. Udaipur will be there on the iternary as it is.

Cheers...

Neel
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2015 ---
    Day 1: Leave mumbai early morning and by afternoon you will be in ahmedabad (6 hrs drive comfortably)
    Day 2: Sight seeing in ahmedabad
    Day 3: Leave early morning from Ahmedabad for Chittorgarh (5 and half hrs drive). Do sight seeing for half of the day.
    Day 4: do some sight seeing in morning as well at chittorgarh. Leave from chittorgarh at about 11 and by 2 pm. you can reach Kumbhalgarh/Ranakpur. visit Jain temples in afternoon at ranakpur and go to see the sound and light show at Kumbhalgarh in evening. spend a night in Ranakpur/Kumbhalgarh.
    Day 5: kumbhalgarh/Ranakpur to Udaipur (2 hrs drive). Half day sight seeing at udaipur.
    Day 6: Udaipur sight seeing.
    Day 7: Udaipur to Vadodara. (5 Hrs. drive)
    Day 8: sight seeing at vadodara with wife's relatives
    Day 9: Vadodara to Mumbai (5 hrs. drive)
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit, Neel has given a good and practical itinerary. IMO, Mount Abu is more of a place to stay and relax than for sight-seeing, while Chittorgarh and Kumbhalgarh have history and architecture worth a visit. Kumbhalgarh in known to have second longest fortified wall in the world (after China's) and it is located at the edge of Aravali from where you can see miles and miles of Marwaar. It has recently come-up on tourist destination list. Chittorgarh is historically very important and beautiful and so you should visit these two forts. Ranakpur temples are beautiful and world-famous and you would find that almost 50% visitors there are foreigners. The persons attending ticket window speaks 6 to 8 foreign languages. It would be interesting!

Enjoy your trip!

Ravi_M
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Neel: Chittorgarh looks a destination away from the route. Pls correct if I am wrong.

upload_2015-8-24_15-50-23.png
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    It depends on who is planning the route and what all he wants to include in it.

Chittorgarh is not away from the route, actually mt.abu is away from the route in that case.

I just tried to give you practically better route.

But anyways... It seems that your pre-planned trip works out best for you. Go ahead with that and have fun.

Cheers :up
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Planning to leave Mumbai at 6 AM for Ahmadabad. What are the good family places to take a halt en-route for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea/snacks ?