1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Queries on Ahd - Mt abu - Ranakpur - Kumbhalgarh - Udaipur - Vadodara trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vinit, Aug 20, 2015.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,
    I am planning to make a road trip with family in the upcoming vacations season to Gujrat and Rajasthan. The tentative route I have decided is as follows.
    Day 1: Mumbai to Ahemadabad (visiting a relative)
    Day 2: Ahemadabad sightseeing
    Day 3: Ahemadabad to Modhera Sun Temple then to Mount Abu
    Day 4: Abu Sightseeing
    Day 5: Mount Abu to Ranakpur then to Kumbhalgarh Fort
    Day 6: Kumbhalgarh to Udaipur in the morning and the Udaipur sightseeing
    Day 7: Udaipur to Vadodara (visiting a relative)
    Day 8: Vadodara Sightseeing
    Day 9: Vadodara to Mumbai
    Strictly no night driving.
    Is this route and the days allocated ok or too hectic for a family road trip ?
    Shall I stay at Kumbhalgarh or drive straight through to Udaipur after visiting the Fort ? Is the Sound and Light show at Kumbhalgarh Fort really worth ?
    Recommendations for accommodation and other places worth visiting are highly welcome.
    Regards
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Contact info of the Fiat ASS en route will also be welcome. Tried to search the same on Fiat website, its telling me to register :banghead:
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @vinit, I can not comment on the travel time you need each day, you need to check the distances (obviously)!

I visited Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh in March 2015 by my Linea MJD. We stayed at a village near Kumbhalgarh (Club Mahindra) and did Ranakpur and the fort in one day and saw the sound & light show in the evening. The show is OK, not great. But then you need to stay there that night. If you skip the show, you can reach Udaipur by night, I think, but the whole day will be hectic. Raods are generally good, but narrow. You can add Chittorgargh to your list, if you have a day extra, though it would be hectic for family (specially for kids).

Sightseeing at Rajasthan is preferred over that at Vadodra. You may not go to that part of Rajasthan again!

Wish you a happy trip!

Ravi_M
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ravi for your inputs.

The problem is, most of the good hotels at Kumbhalgarh are showing booked, that being the holiday season. So either i need to stay in some lodge there or return to udaipur the same night. What's your suggestion?
  5. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @vinit FIAT website provides list of ASCs in Rajasthan. The registration pop-up that comes at first can be closed and then entire site is then yours. Me too planning for Rajasthan trip in Nov so glued to your thread. My plan is something like this:

1. Pune to Ahmedabad
    2. Ahmedabad to Mt. Abu (Sight seeing around)
    3. Mt. Abu to Jaisalmer (Sam Sand Dunes)
    4. Jaisalmer to Jodhpur (Jodhpur Sight seeing)
    5. Jodhpur to Jaipur (Jaipur Sight Seeing)
    6. Jaipur to Ranthambore (Safari at Ramthambore)
    7. Ranthambore to Udaipur (Udaipur Sight seeing)
    8. Udaipur to Pune halting at in-laws place at Boisar.

Mine is very aggressive plan to complete this circuit (~3500 kms.) in 15 days:cigar:. Are you planning to take HVK 501 plan? I am reading more on this and almost getting convinced to use one.
  6. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @mangesh: I found out the FASS enroute on Fiat's website... Finally :)

The route planning I have done myself. Could you pls share the link for HVK 501 plan.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Vinit & Mangesh

Welcome to Gujarat...

Regarding FASS in Gujarat... You guys need not worry.

Ahmedabad & Baroda FASS knows TFI quite well and you will have trouble free time in case you need their help. Just give me a call and I will talk to them.

@vinit... I don't see any need of sparing a day for sight seeing in Baroda/Vadodara. Instead as Ravi said, allocate that day to Rajasthan.
    Modhera sun temple & Adalaj step well is nothing that exciting either unless you want to see it with their architectural value.

Ranakpur to Udaipur would be 3 hrs. Drive atleast.

Light & sound show on fort is ok. Not great.

Many hotels are there in kumbhalgadh as well as in ranakpur. Not much of sight seeing is there in either of kumbhalgadh(fort) or Ranakpur(Jain temples).
    Food etc. will be comparatively very expensive in Kumbhalgadh.

Many places to see in Udaipur and you will get lots & lots of hotels and resorts according to your budget.

Chittorgarh would add more sightseeing value to your iternary than kumbhalgadh/ranakpur.

You may alter your plan to
    Mumbai > Ahmedabad> chittorgarh> Udaipur> mt.abu> Vadodara> Mumbai

Whenever you are in Ahmedabad or Vadodara... Do make a point to meet TFI gang.

Do let me know where are you planning to stay in mount Abu & Udaipur? I may suggest you better option as we are frequent visitors of those places.

Let me know if you need any further help or information.

Cheers...

Neel
    vinit likes this.
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Neel: Thanks for your inputs.

Well, we are visiting relatives in Ahd and Vadodara, so cant skip those places :)

I chose Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh becasue they are on the way to Udaipur from Abu.

Tentatively I have decided to stay in GTDC at Ahd and Abu. No idea about places at Kumbhalgarh and Udaipur. At Vadodara we'll be staying at the relative's place.

I have one weeks leave (Saturday to Sunday) and I have to visit Ahd and Vadodara. Considering these requirements could you pls suggest a better route / options.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    @vinit

I am not asking you to cancel your stays in Ahmedabad and Vadodara. Just don't spare a day for sight seeing in Vadodara. Instead, allocate 1 more day at Rajasthan.

Cheers,

Neel