1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Quality niggles and poor service response to my 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by satya1981, Feb 12, 2014.

1. satya1981

Love my 90 HP, its a fun drive.. however some quality issues like loose panels that start to rattle is irksome, especially when the car is just about 5 months old. I have a shiny black 90hp, which is a stunner when waxed and polished.

I internal panels have become looks and comes apart whenever I try to lift up and pull down the parcel tray. I have sent it back to Ramkay twice with the same issue and some how they manage so that it stays in place just until it reaches me.
    This is driving me nuts.. anyone else faced similar issues,, any way to resolve?

Happy driving!!

2. jumu

jumu Superiore

They need to change those clips of the facade. Are you in the habit of placing anything heavy on the parcel shelf? Have you changed the parcel tray to plywood to place speakers. I had that problem initially when I changed the shelf to plywood to install speakers, before I gave up and went back to OE. Not a big issue. Try RDC. They have the clips i believe

3. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The clips of my Glove compartment was not upto the mark in My GP. I asked Pandit Auto to fix it when I did my Pre registration Inspection at their workshop.
    They did a nice job and I am happy with it now.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is a common issue in all Puntos. Fiat has to do something for this.

Tank like built quality is getting shadowed by such type of minor issues. People want niggle free cars though the built quality is poorer than fiats.

Fiat please listen.....
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    There are clips in places in interiors everywhere which are hard to comeby in shops. I wonder if simple screws and caps to hide those would have made those components rattle free. They could position these strategically for asthetical purpose. Besides, once these clips come off very often it becomes difficult to snap the plastics back in place where they would snug fit.

I almost thought that a brand new speaker was defective until later when it was a plastic screw that bent and broke in the door pads. Ofcourse the shops don't have those everywhere.
    1 person likes this.