1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Push start button

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by arunbaboo4, Aug 6, 2012.

1. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Guys have you anyone fixed the push start button on your GP how much it will cost and if we fix what about the warranty of the car?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Even I love this push start-stop button,but warranty will be void for sure.Power has to be tapped out,and the button also has to installed in the dash.Better not to take any risk...my 2 cents
  3. Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Wires will definitely have to be spliced or a custom mini-harness made to connect to the self-starter and the battery (switched power supply will be needed).

It's just a fad. Nothing beats turning the key!

Cheers.
    Aniket, fiatlover, halfclutch and 6 others like this.
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  7. i do feel you lose the thrill of turning the key when you have the push button. for me it's a special feeling when i insert my key into my Fiat's keyhole angled towards you - it's yours - thats what you feel your car tells you.
    1 person likes this.
  8. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I might be mistaken , but with these aftermarket start/stop buttons don't you need to turn the key first and then use the button ? The button by itself will not switch the car on ..right ?
  10. Yes the key needs to be turned on...And then depress the clutch and the press the button,it will start the car..