1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Purchasing new punto evo petrol

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Lavanya Bandakavi, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Lavanya Bandakavi

Lavanya Bandakavi Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Want to know the performance of punto evo dynamic 1.2 petrol version feedback compared to Grand i10,
    Engine performance
    Pickup
    mileage etc
    as I am planning to purchase one.please share your views asap...
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi @Lavanya Bandakavi .

I don't own the 1.2 but have sampled it a few times: it is excellent for city use and for cruising on highways. It is very driveable as well as refined and fuel efficient. And very durable/low maintainence. It is not, however, a car to race in. A really good city car that can also do highway duties.

But really, if you consider the difference in character between these two cars: i am not sure the engine should be a major decision criteria, since the Evo is far sturdier, safer, longer and wider, with far better suspension/ride/handling, ground clearance, bigger tyres, better brakes, steering etc. And better looking.

Go for it. Do TD it, just to confirm whether the engine meets your needs and driving style. The car's an all-round gem of design and engineering, imo.

cheers
    cheers
    rishike007 likes this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  4. Lavanya Bandakavi

Lavanya Bandakavi Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. i have driven the vehicle and I found that the pick up is little less with AC and could you please tell me the mileage for petrol car. Will it give atleast 13 to 14 in the city with AC?

These are the only constraints I am stuck at in deciding for Punto. Is it the same with the new Punto evo petrol. There are very good feedback for diesel cars but I couldnt find any user reviews for petrol cars. I heard mileage goes down to single digit for petrol car in the city..

Regards,
    Lavanya
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any Petrol car, with AC, in City will not give more than 13-14 FE. Again this depends on traffic situation in your drive route. This figure, and little more, is more realistic to Highway drives.

Drive both car few more times, and buy which you feel more comfortable with.

Both has its own likes and dislikes.
    - Pick-up/Power should be similar in both.
    - Mileage - i10 will give you 1-2 Kmpl more, as it is smaller and lighter car.
    - But EVO is much bigger, much better looking car than i10.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you are looking at FE better go for CNG or Diesel car, depending on you daily runs requirements based on kms and driving conditions like city or highway. If that is the case and you can live with some safety compromise, then you might as well see the micra diesel any variant as a cheaper alternative rather than an i10 petrol. Mileage goes down to single digit as you mentioned for majority of petrol cars; do check out the TATA revotron too. If you want a safety and decent FE and overall experience package go for Punto, but any petrol will have its FE limitations in city drive conditions.

Entry level ZEST XE Revotron 90PS Petrol @ hyderabad
    INR 4,65,000
    INR 4,70,089 (Pristine White)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Could you please let us know how much will be your monthly drive?
  8. Lavanya Bandakavi

Lavanya Bandakavi Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.2
    My drive would be between 400 to 500 KMS at the max.. Please suggest which one to go for.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 10, 2014 ---
    The Fiat technician said that there were no reviews for new Fiat punto evo dynamic petrol version till date and will have to wait for a month and half to get the feedback.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Petrol.
    EVO and Grande Punto share same engine and specifications. And there are lots of owner's review here - http://teamfiat.com/forums/punto-1-2-fire.53/.
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Lavanya Bandakavi ,I have also booked a punto evo 1.3 mjd against my family,I mean they were totally in favour of swift,but me was fallen for punto,now I feel I should have never compared punto ,and swift,and I know its my lonely decision for booking this car ,I know when I will get the car,there will be many herd mentality people who would definitily say one thing ,why a punto ,I have researched a lot and asked to many people ,I would have called more then 15 owners of this car ,all said just go for it ,but no resale ,who cares for resale?I don't care atleast ,for me and my family a car will be for 7 years for sure. I suggest go for it ,it's a class apart design.
    limraj likes this.