1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Purchasing Land in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by cliffhanger, Dec 14, 2014.

1. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Guys,

I'm planning to purchase a land of around 2000sq.ft in Chennai. Budget is around 50 lakhs.

Plan to build a house in near future. So the place should be liveable in near future, not something that will always remain "Will Develop soon sir", Land.

Any pointers/information/contacts will be highly appreciated.

Things like areas to consider, precautionary measures, things to consider, future forecast of land demand, etc are also welcome.

TIA
    Cliffhanger
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Buying a Land or House is not going to be easy task unlike buying a car. :)

Do you have any region or area in mind for the land? South/North/West part of Chennai?
  3. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Yes, I know that. That's why I delayed it for quite some time. Now, I'm prepared for the long haul and slogging.

Regarding the region - I would like to stick to South. My present home is by the sea and there is always a marked difference in temperature from where I live to the rest of the city.

Any specific reasons I should consider West? And, any other info?
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some prefer West for the proximity towards the SEZs at Sriperumbudur. That's why asked. :)

If South, you may have to look beyond Kelambakkam or around Chengleput. I have a known builder and he may help. He is currently only promoting flats and not dealing with lands. But, he may have some information on where to look for the land for your budget. You can refer my name to him as well. I have PM'ed his contact to you. :)
    asimpleson and cliffhanger like this.