1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Purchased Suzuki Access 125 "Flint Grey" Colour

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vikastwister, Mar 14, 2012.

1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    Hi Guys,
    Today I purchased my Suzuki Access 125 "Flint Grey" Colour scooter in noida. It has good pick up, nice speed range, smooth engine and very good driving posture and handling. First itself covered 50 Kms with this scooter.
    My hunt for the new gearless scooter started some time back when I started thinking to buy a two wheeler. My First choice was RE Thunderbird TBTS, than bajaj avenger. But later decided to go for gearless scooter as it will be useful for my wife for nearby commutation. I took the test drive of Activa, Duro, Hero maestro, Suzuki Access 125 and Suzuki Swish 125.
    Activa I rejected right after the test drive as engine is OK if one is sitting on it, With two people on board and little inclination, engine dies out.
    Duro is good and has very good acceleration, but did not find out the correct sitting posture for me on that. So just kept it in standby.
    Hero Maestro is 99 % same as Activa. 1 % percent difference is just the company name. So rejected.
    I liked the Suzuki swish 125 more but Stepny option was not available for it so decided to go with Access 125.
    What I liked about it was the correct sitting posture, and rest was almost same as Mahindra Duro.
    Many people suggested Activa to me and told me that it has good ASS. I told them, look I always seconds ASS, all of you know that I own Punto MJD active. I always go with the great product with manageable ASS not with a mediocre product with good ASS. And even with TATA, I am getting ASS for my fiat.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats. My favorite vehicle in gearless category. I own both Activa and Aviator. And I still regret for the decision. You have made right choice.

NB: Suzuki product on Fiat forum? :)
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I own a TVS wego , why didnt you try the TVS wego , any particular reason you didnt try it . And I've been waiting to hear about suzuki swish . Is it bad ?
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good gearless bike in 125 cc. but not better than K Flyte.

You have not paid attention to Kinetic ( Mahindra) Flyte

I own K Flyte. 125 cc motor of Flyte has more low end torque than anyother 125 cc

Engine tunning of Access is same as M Swift DDiS. It gives only acceleration not strong torque.

Engine tunning of K Flyte is kept same as Punto Multijet.
    Engine of Flyte is tunned for drivability not for quick acceleration like M Swift.

In the field of weight distribution,luggage box space,drivability,low end torque,refinement,big 9 Ah battery,stability,Ride & Handling ,Flyte,Duro & Rodeo are always ahead than Suzuki Access.

Unfortunately Kinetic ( Mahindra) 2 wheelers are neglected same as Fiat cars.

Any way better luck for next time decision.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. I owned a Suzuki Access 125. It has got a very nice pick up. I used to touch 90 + in this stepthro' and the scooter dosen't wobble or go off the track. Once I had a race with a Activa on a highway and my access smoked :p the activa easily. The only issue with the vehicle is the Brake. My friends who own a Access have not complained about the brakes but in my scooter the brakes were very bad. Other than that it is a very nice scooter.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Guys, this is not "What Bike?" section. Our friend has already got the Access. Alternate bike discussion is meaningless here. :).
  7. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Noida
    I did not went for TVS wego, just for two reasons, personally did not attracted towards it thats it. Apart from that among 125 CC category, only option I had was Access, Swish, Flyte and Duro. Actually I got my sitting posture correctly only on ACCESS and SWISH. Which was the only important factor for me in 125 CC segment. I do not care about mileage though. Any thing give 30+ to me is OK for me on that front.
    Among ACCESS and SWISH, SWISH was the scooter I liked most but ACCESS is the chosen one because stepny option availability on it.

Those who want to know about SWISH, here is the details about it. It has got very good graphics and has much more modern style. Engine spec, GC, shockers are absolutely same as of ACCESS. Ride handling is great. SWISH is 5 KG less in weight than ACCESS. But as the TEST DRIVE was with two mail adults on board so did not find out much of difference in performance. Even the underseat storage is same in both the scooters.