1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Purchase Old Stock New Car

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Sagar Sawant, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I have a very good deal being offered for Fiat Linea Dynamic Multijet Jan2014 manufactured car.

Should I go for it?

Did Fiat recall cars of 2014 for some timing belt issue or anything that I need to check and get it rectified first?

I already own a Fiat Petra 1.6 Petrol now converted to CNG for the last 10 years.
    Masum Reza likes this.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    If you are satisfied in the PDI, go for it. There are a few happy users using FIAT cars newly purchased about 1 year after it was manufactured.
    AFAIK, no recall for timing belt. but, timing belt is now been advised to be changed at 60,000kms. (approx 8k-9k INR).
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    HI Sagar,
    Welcome to TFi. Buying a 2014 car should not be having any issues. Could you please let us know from which source you have got such timing belt recall rumour?
  4. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    i read about timing belt problems and recall or instead of recall an advisory by fiat to replace timing belt
    also just heard that even new linea 2014 was recalled to fix some electrical wiring issues and/or some airbag issue ...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/125372-fiat-linea-1-3l-mjd-timing-chain-2.html

http://www.carwale.com/m/fiat-cars/linea20082014/userreviews/29916.html

http://www.carkhabri.com/carnews/fi...-punto-diesel-cars-could-face-recall-in-india

Is sime black smoke normal from exhaust? I saw it coming out during the test drive ... pointed out to them during pdi ...

will check again
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 28, 2015 ---
    Car has superficial scratches all over ... he is ready to do ValuGard paint protection but even he says it will not b like new but wil not noticable at all ...

shuld i ask them for a repaint?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Sagar,
    Kindly confirm is this is a test drive vechile as you have mentioned that there are some scratches on the body. Also if they are not too deep and of you are fine with the engine and the rest of the things, then you can go for it. Black smoke is common when the car hits the turbo zone, I would request you to confirm if this smoke is just for an instance or you see the car constantly emitting black smoke all through the drive. Have a through PDI done before you finalize. I too have recently bought a 2014 model in Feb 2015, however the car was dispatched from the factory unlike your case where it is readily available. Also I have a confirmation that FIAT cleared all the factory stock from 2014 and hence I guess a handful of the are still left with some dealers which either can be due to last minute cancelations or TD vechile's. Below is the thread of my 2014 model, you can check when you are free to gain some more confidence.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/index.php?threads/13852/
    mchanna likes this.
  6. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    thanks pradeep ... looks unlikely its a td vehicle ... since all looks spic and span .. tyres look new ... the sppedo has H65 ...

only the scratches all over are of rubbing with cloth when car has dust on it ...

dunno if anyone can alter it H65 via some hack or program ...

they r replacing me with a new battery

offering leather seats as its dynaic version and total car protection by VALUGARD ... along with floor mats n mud flaps ...

dont think black smoke is continuous .. will check again ...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2015 ---
    This is old look model manufactured in jan 2014

attached photos
    P_20150311_185322.jpg
    P_20150311_185245.jpg
    P_20150311_185425.jpg
    P_20150311_185332.jpg P_20150311_185358.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    varunrtr likes this.
  7. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    Whoa. Fiat has still kept the one year old car in their dealership?
    The car is transported to the customer on payment of full fees and then they send the car to the dealership from Ranjangaon. Why is this pretty car already landed at the dealership?
    Please take as much time as possible before booking the car. In case if you wish, get along your family and friends who drive cars for their feedback.
    I guess they transport the car by trailer truck from plant to dealership, as this is what my sales guy told me.
    When u took my Linea the odometer readings were H 37 kms.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The car looks kool, the safe bet is that the car is Dynamic and dealers use the top end as TD so I guess nothing to worry much. Iam sure the offer on board would be a killer and the car is definitely a good buy, go for it. All the Best !!!
  9. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    all depends on final pdi in the next 2 days ...

our only concern are the scratches all over ...

so dunno if we can ask then for a repaint or they will go via the total pp package ...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2015 ---
    how to check if rain sensing wipers r working?
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well goto settings and make sure that the rain sensor is on with a preset on selection 1-4. After this use the stub and I guess the only way to check is to throw some water on the windshield manually and see if the wipers work .