1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto's Engine Crank case & Engine oil Flush

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gp_yash, Sep 19, 2011.

1. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Used the 3M Engine oil Flush just before handing over my car for its 2nd service. After Service, i inspected the Engine oil and surprisingly is still black.
    After using the flush i expected to see the new engine oil colour but its still black :roll:
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  2. I used new 3 ltr oil to do flushing rather than these so called Flush just because of Turbo for petrol non Tc'ed these flushes may be okay.
  3. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    How did you go about flushing with 3 ltr oil? I did not get your point. can you please elaborate?
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    seems the old oil was not drained completely/properly before you put in new fresh oil.

alternately you can put normal diesel oil around 3 litres, idle the engine for 5-10 minutes and drain it again. and then put in fresh oil.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gp yash

I seriously doubt whether ur old oil was flushed!! They might have kept the can for themselves :-D You should've been there when they carried out the flushing procedure just to make sure they flushed and get peace of mind!! I Even doubt whether they have changed the oil or not.Im not scaring you but this scam happens in every A.S.S not only restricted to TATA-FIAT.You should've been physically present for both the things which are very vital for a car's health in long run!!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Diesel car? Oil will be black as observed by you.

Already discussed in the forum.

So, relax!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  7. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Thanks FastLove ! That's assuring :)

But Guys, any idea how to find out for ourselves whether the oil was replaced?

When I left the car for service the oil level was around 70%. After service the level is maxed, though the colour is still black.

I am going back to the service station as some niggles were unattended. I don't know how to check with the SA whether the oil was really replaced !
  8. Touch the dipstick with your finger.
    Ipthe oil should stick to the finger and if you rub it between your fingers the oil should feel the oil a lil viscous.
    If it is like water in viscosity the oil is old
  9. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    Oil is not viscous. AFAIK synthetic oils are not very viscous.
    I had to go back to the service center to get resolve some issues which were unattended during service. I showed the engine oil condition to the SA but he claimed that its synthetic oil and it wont be more viscous and that the oil was very fine.. He also claimed that once 3.3L is billed there is no way they can avoid replacing the 3.3L in the oil sump. i had no other choice but to accept what he said :confused:
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gp_yash

I knew this would happen.That's why i always scream at the top of my voice to get the oil change done in front of ur eyes.Either live with it or get the oil change done outside!!