1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto's central locking problem

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by RaviHegde, Apr 15, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well technically time is money. But in your case given that you figured it out means you learned a lot and hopefully it could translate to money should you go for you own garage as suggested earlier by Ghodlur. :p
    I know some things like DIY satisfaction are much greater than being valued by money always. ::D
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Aaah ... that sends me back by 15-20 years into my pre-professional life. Once upon a time I and my brother (he is a mechanical engineer) were thinking of starting a garage as soon as we get out of college - which never became a reality. IT field sucked both of us and threw us on the corporate treadmill. Though I have got out of the treadmill now and moved to a small town to live as environment friendly life as possible, I don't have any intention of starting a garage/service station now. I try to take out as much time as possible for DIY jugaad work because it is a great opportunity to scratch the engineering itch burning within :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. pramodr99

pramodr99

Mumbai
    I have similar problem with my Linea Dynamic. The central locking is not working properly. Both driver side doors are not opening. When checked left side doors, they were opening fine. But when tried to lock, it refused to lock the car. Tried calling Fiat RSA but the call was on answering mode and asked to record name and phone number. Even after 3 hours not received call back. Worried as car is parked on road without locking. Any quick help?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Depends on where you are stranded in Mumbai, The RSA for Balaji Fiat, Thane is 8419936301. Pls call this no and ask them for next steps. Balaji Fiat Thane workshop nos - 8655611771/2

Are you not able to lock the door manually instead of using the remote?
  5. Sibi

Sibi Timido

Bangalore
    This forum helped me. I had similar problem last week with rear right door and got it replaced under warranty from KHT whitefield,Bangalore .
  6. DriveNN

DriveNN Timido

Dahisar, Mumbai
    I am facing a similar though not same issue in my 2011 Punto 90HP.
    The central lock mechanism has developed a Brain of its own and it locks and unlocks all the four locks whenever and wherever it feels like. No warning on the display. It feels like a ghost is doing it in the car.
    Went to Fiat ASS once they tightened the front two locks. But problem recurred on the way back. What could it be. Please shed some light.
    I'm uploading a vdo so that it is better understood.
  7. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Update - close to 2 years. Still the lock is working good :)
  8. Ramvilas Varma

Ramvilas Varma Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi,

I have fiat grand punto 1.2 petrol Emotion.

I am facing strange issue with my car. Since last 2 weeks my car getting unlock automatically.
    I haven't found any pattern in unlock. Sometime it gets unlock in 2 hrs sometime in four hours and sometime while driving sometime once in night.

My car is with fiat service center since last 7 days they checked the wiring locks etc. and saying everything is ok. They also not able to find the issue.

Friends please suggest.

Mod Note
    : Post merged with existing thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  9. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I am facing the same issue in my year old Linea MJD Emotion. The MID continuously shows that the rear left door is open even after closing it several time. I can manually lock all doors except the driver side door.

Is there any way to lock all doors? I will be out of the country next week and will fix the issue when I am back. Until then I would like to be able to lock all doors. Anyone faced this issue recently?
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Issue has been resolved. Took the car to Sky moto. They attended to the car in half an hour inspite of the huge rush (Sky has only service center in Pune now). The culprit was a faulty actuator that was replaced immediately under warranty.