1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Puntofied October 2012

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Navpreet Singh, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

Hi All,

My first post here and i am glad it is for my ownership experience for BNW Punto active

Date of Purchase - 20.10.2012

Manufacturing date - August 2012

Dealer - Joshi Autozone Chandigarh. Overall a fine dealership experience. They have already identified the location for their exclusive fiat dealership so hopefully will have a better experience while getting my Punto serviced.

Deal - Active MJD+Absolute pack @ 50 % insurance + RSA +corp disc @5000 + free extended Warranty

Goodies- Had to bargain hard for this and finally got the Car cover. :-D. Although i wanted a fiat Key chain as the active's bare key is really ugly.

Total Mileage in 2 days - 450 Kms ( Highway drive from Chd - delhi at 70-80 km/hr. Efficiency- 20 +Kpl)

Punto review- Although it is too early to give an opinion but i can list the positives/negatives

Stability at high speeds
    Steering is awesome and body roll is bare minimum
    Robust build
    Efficient and powerful engine.
    Awesome Looks
    Average interiors
    Decent rear space
    Large boot space.

Absolute Pack- Effective cost of the Absolute pack is Rs 10814 (ie 50% insurance amount). The carpad device is android powered tablet and is a 5 incher-(too small to be called a tablet). You can try using it as a phone but it is not way too thick and heavy to carry:eek:. The only purpose it serves is for Maps.
    Door Sil and Mud Flaps are decent.

Speakers and Music System-

14 inch tyres-- they look small on this car. I think i ll have to upgrade the tyres :confused:

Help required - Please suggest how to go about the remote locking setup(FIAT Ass or after market). My dealer was telling me that there is some issue with the AUTOCOP remote locking. I had to take the delivery on 20th so could not discuss the issue in detail with the dealer.

5 people like this.
  2. Congrats on your purchase,please post some pictures.
  3. Congrats buddy on your purchase. Please upload some photos . Welcome to TFI family and enjoy your ride..
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

Congrats navpreet for your new car :) hope it will always keep this excitement and passion alive inside you :)
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Congrats and "welcome to the family" - (said in the voice and tone of an Italian Mafioso :D). Did you not get a foldable key with remote locking built-in? If you are looking for an alarm based system please consider RD. They have a system with 2 way Radio. Used to have that in my Palio. Advantage is - even if you are out of sight and out of hearing range of the car's alarm - say in an AC restaurant or in a cinema - as long as you are in radio range (claimed 500 mts), the remote also flashes and vibrates if the alarm is set off.

6. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Congrats , Happy crunching more n more miles.
  7. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

Thanks everyone for the wishes... Active variant does not come with foldable key and remote locking that is why i am looking for options...I ll check again with the dealer and see what he suggests..

I have noticed one strange thing with the indicators-- The indicators do not return to the neutral position automatically when we engage them for turning right/left. You need to manually bring them to the neutral position after taking a turn. Can somebody confirm if that is normal for PUNTO or I need to visit the Service station to get it rectified??

8. Welcome to TFI...Congrats for your new car...Go for Autocop,but try to get it done from the showroom only...
    The indicator stalk returns back to its normal position after taking a turn,you should re-check this in your car,and then get it rectified from ASS..
  9. Navpreet Singh

Navpreet Singh Timido

I ll take it to the dealer and get this indicator issue sorted. Hopefully won't take much time !!
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Navpreet!

We too got our Jet from Joshi Auto Zone!

Enjoy your Punto and do post lots of pics of your car!