1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto90HP -- Pros & cons

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by retropoppers, Oct 18, 2011.

1. All the sluggishness people talk about will reduce to great extent once car crosses 20-25 K Kms,mine being a 76 BHP short gears seems to aggravate the sluggishness, but now they all seems to be things of past.
    it may not be good example to compare Punto to a A segment petrol hatch, what I see it is good to drive in city may not be the best provided you learn how to keep the revs in power band.
    I drive 60-70 kms in bangalore B2B traffic, i don't have complaints what I had earlier now.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah it changes with time.when I bought my Punto90hp, driving within 100km made me feel I should sell it off as soon as possible just to get maximum resale.
    but now at 15000km, I fail to find such an awesome car to be compared .
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Exactly my thoughts during the first thousand kilometres, it was pain to use it within city. Now it has transformed into a something else, I show it high revs daily and it's become so smooth. Awaiting the 30k oil change and it should get even smoother.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. Another thing is to find a honest petrol pump who doesn't mix kerosene to Diesel, in Bangalore I am trying Kaveri Petrol Pump for last 5 fills, I find car's NVH levels are at minimum,occasional SystemD also helps.
    I never thought Diesel will be adulterated in City like Bangalore.
    If it was some highway fuel station it's understandable.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's mentioned in the owners manual not use any additives or premium diesel for the car. This can lead to potential clogging of the injectors. I sometimes feel Shell Normal Diesel brings down the NVH so why not try that once in a while like after every 4-5 tank fulls.
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I have generally found Bharat Petroleum to have a favorable effect on the performance and NVH of the car. But yes, Kaveri at Lalbagh west gate is known for it's owner's integrity. Too bad it does not take my Standard Chartered Titanium which gives me 2.5 % cash back on fuel.