1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto90HP -- Pros & cons

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by retropoppers, Oct 18, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good point Jasveen. One plus point for Punto/Linea is that makers of duplicate spares will not bother making such stuff for these cars - keeping in view the low sales volumes!!! So, the spares that you get would probably be genuine.

Regards
    Johnny
  2. Its almost an year since I took this.
    It reads 25k on the ODO.
    No major issue till now.
    You can say that my 90HP is the Most Abused vehicle you can get in the forum with maximum care for servicing.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If your budget does not allow you to buy 90HP Punto then go for 75HP. Punto 75HP and Ritz DDiS has the same engine. Go for Punto Dynamic so the difference amount will be minimal.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not exactly.

Only the basic blueprint is the same. The implementation is much different. The internals can also be sourced differently. And i can safely say, Maruti's diesels sound much rougher. Maybe because of the crappy oil that they use, and that too for 10,000km intervals.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maruti uses shell engine oil, and interval is 10k and service cost for 3rd free service is 1500/- only.

Harmony & chaos
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Phew - I could not understand you at all. Here you are complaining about ASS / parts availability and quality. In one other post (referring to the one by John) you sing a different tune. I am confused.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'd read up the Maruti service chart and it said Mobil Delvac MX 15w40. A good oil, but won't last 10,000 clicks.

Maruti just wanna use cheap oil to reduce service costs. FIAT's 15,000 km service interval is not agreeable to me, but atleast the oil is much better and even the 5w40 viscosity is good for all weather conditions.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    what are u confused with its simple the parts availability is on the poor side of the grid, and thats that. I am only answering to the questions asked.
    can u pls share the post which is confusing u.

Its just one tune I am singing, maybe ur hearing two different sets of transducers together :lol
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I was closely following this thread...

Here is my point...

First thing first, as Phew mentioned the unavailability of the spares, he might have faced the problems but the fact is he wanted the headlights for modifications i.e OTC sale, then he wanted the bolts also OTC and coming to Power window IC, it is an electrical item and is high on cost and generally replaced under warranty, even i got mine replaced under warranty and it took 5 days for the Service center to procure the part, no fire this time... I accept the fact that Power window IC is not something which is required on a regular basis.

Now coming to Brake pads, It is really very bad of FIAT-TATA dealers to not have them in stock, but this is just a rare condition. I mean you can try calling all the service centers and ask the service receptionist about the availability. As per my discussion with a Engineer from FIAT whom i met at Hyd, he mentioned that FIAT does not do OTC sale of spares and thus it get's difficult to find spares for modifications.

Now the real problem starts when the car meets and accident. for a maruti, the dealer can very well repair the RITZ after a major accident but this is not true for FIAT Punto and that too advanced cars like 90HP, the service center people take their own time and it takes even a month or more to get the car back in shape. with major accidents i mean the ones where Punto can be repaired, had it been a RITZ the insurance company will declare it totaled. the build quality matters.

About the drivebility, i have started a thread long back when i was confused in between RITZ and Punto. I already had one Punto 1.2 FIRE that time and was looking for second car and you will not believe i was not able to convince myself for RITZ. I mean RITZ is not a habbit, but punto is a habbit making car. You can easily switch to any other car after RITZ but with Punto, there is not good competitors of this machine out in the market.

I have never faced a single issue with service in 25 months of ownership and the services were mostly pick-up and drop when i was in Hyderabad, i am still to find a dealer in Delhi which provides the same service. but as of now i am very very happy with HIM Motors, Peeragarhi. To be true if you do a good PDI of car before delivery then the service day will be only 1 out of 365 and i guess you can easily manage one day out of 365 days to have 364 days of happiness.

Will wait for the pics of your 90HP now....

Guess what even i am planning to trade my 1.2 FIRE with 90HP sometime soon....
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yo!!!! Shanki bhai long time, matlab kidhar hain

be it otc or not, still they should stock a particular part, I had agreed(thnx to o.p sharma) to get it fixed by them, only to learn tht no left headlamp in stock. Availability of spares is poor in delhi no matter how u see it, even at him motors its only coz sharma ji joined tht they are entertaining us with such care, nor do all of us have a good friend working at the service centre :p shanki bhai.

Harmony & chaos