1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto : x baggage

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sanfiat, May 1, 2013.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My tuscan wine punto is now almost 18 months old. Three services done and 30,000 Kms of road eaten. Has been a mixed feeling affair so far.
    I have driven it on Highways mainly. say 70 % highways and 30 % city.

had to visit service stn regularly because of some niggle or other. May it be the Ac not cooling, rattles from door, frequent sorting out of the wheel allignment.
    Sound of tyre roll is very loud and annoying . You just dont feel isolated. Even teh engine growl keeps pouring in. I hav edriven I20 and once u shut the doors of it the cabin is really sound proof.
    Horn fixed by fiat hardly gets the car any weight. Same with the headlamps.
    care much about Fiat and kind of just try getting rid of it somehow.
    Driving on hills is hard as the front wind shield pillars block your view pretty bad.

Now the good part.

Engine performance never lets you down.
    I found the pick up pretty decent . City driving is smooth.
    The weight of the car combined with the excellent stability and superb handling inspires lot of confidence.
    Curves are so welcome even at slightly higher speeds. I ain't seen any other car of this segment beating punto and me on a hill drive or so as to say a nice good curvy roads of the plains. If the road is good 150 Km/hr is a cake walk. ... Electronics have never let me down in this car. You dont want to see any red dot blinking in ur dash panel when u r scorching a lonely highway at midnight. I thank punto whenever i complete such a terrain. On an occassion punto save my day on a monsoon day where diversion made me run through a hundred metre stretch of atleast a foot deep of muck and mud. I was worried but this baby pulled it off....I never scraped the under neath steel plate my baby after the first month of ownership. I never felt u need to raise the ground clearance if u dont get too off road....

I hope the Fiat exclusive showrooms and stations will add up to the value and confidence we have shown in the brand. And above all when on highway i have always felt Fiat people share a sense of brotherhood among them.

Our species are increasing now definitely.

All in all.... i would still choose a Fiat over any other car most probably........

So thats it from my side....

Drive safe Folks..
    2 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I drove the 2013 model of GP 90 HP recently on an high way at around 130. I did not feel the noise inside cabin to be that loud. May be the experts here can comment much better on this.

Congrats on the journey and Enjoy more miles. Possible to add pics please?
  3. shams

shams Esperto

there is a noticable difference between the nvh levels of active and and other variants, active's being on the higher side
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

I recently did a highway run and didn notice any NVH levels upto speeds of 160.. except a fair bit of tyre growl..
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

From my experience of both our cars, the 90HP feels much more refined and the engine boom is never felt as much as in the 75HP. I feel it is more to do with the state of tune rather than the insulation.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2