1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto warning light

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sanfiat, Jan 7, 2014.

1. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Try with the spare key before suspecting battery. most likely the transponder in the key is malfunctioning.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    As mentioned above, he has already tried it.
  3. Manusankar

Manusankar

Chennai
    Battery issue only

Dont worry yaar its a battery issue only. Just replace the battery thats all. Same happened to my linea also:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Manusankar, Thanks sir ji...Will do that . Any idea what voltage level i should be checking for, when i go for the battery check. Wil try if i find the same in these forums somewhere. By the way was thre any problem with your engine starting wen the issue happened with your car? Because car starts at the first turn of the key, no hassles thanks again
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Punto doesnt come with a maintenance free battery but with Lead acid battery (experts pls correct me if I am wrong). Over the period of running the lead acid plates tend to deplete and hence less charge holding capacity. Any amount of distilled water top up wont help. Only remedy is replace the battery with maintenance free battery.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Everyone, Can't thank u all enough for being so helpful . Changed my battery and got over with the problem. No more scary warning sigh glowing. Hope it stays that way when i start it tomorrow morning at around a chilling 7 degrees atmosphere ...................... thanks again.
    3 people like this.
  7. gkuppuprasath

gkuppuprasath Novizio

coimbatore
    its due to battery failure...same caused to me before 1 year
  8. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was wondering as to y in d world every warning light blinks on d dashboard other than the low battery sign wen d battedy is losing it's life....made me lose some sleep sure. They could have fleeced me tight at service stn if folks at forum wouldn't have helped ...
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014