1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Vs Ritz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ashtek, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have booked a Punto 1.3 Emotion (minimal grey) on 31-Aug. In fact 5 of us from teamfiat booked 4 puntos and 1 linea in KHT Motors!!!
    (Will write about buying experience separately later)
    3 vehicles have already arrived and 2 are expected in 2-3 days. Getting ready with PDI checklist now!

Any suggestions for these items?

1. Seat cover - do not want something that generates heat
    2. Steering wheel cover - required?
    3. Headlights - I always had problems with my old car while driving in the night (esp when people from opposite side use high beam:-( )
    4. Emotion has 165/80 R14 tyres - I think they used to give 175 tyres last year. Is there any adv / disadv of 165 tyres over wider ones?
    5. Some adapter (USB transmitter?) for the music system so it can play songs from USB and bluetooth connectivity for mobile if possible

I want to buy only those accessories that add to comfort/convenience and not just to beautify the car (it anyway looks the best as it is)
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi Ashtek, regarding seat covers it depends how much u want to spend on them. And they are definitely meant to beautify the interiors without adding much in terms of comfort and convenience.
    For options, have a look at the thread on seat covers in the accessories section.
  5. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New 1.3 Punto!

All,

Brought the new Punto home on 16-Sep :)
    P1010398.jpg P1010396_1.jpg P1010399.jpg

One question on initial running - fiat guys said I should not exceed 70km/h and more than 2500 rpm till first service (5k km). Is this true? Manual does not mention about this anywhere.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats ashtek !! nice decision you took finally..
    AFAIK the engine doesnt need a run in n was told that it was pre run from factory and for you satisfaction, you can run in by not crossing 2k rpm for first 1.5k kms or so. in punto, the engine oil is not changed at the 5k service, so there is no logic in running in till 5k... just have to let carbon deposit properly on the piston cylinder walls for smoother ripping later :)
    drive sanely, drive safe... it ll last forever !!
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ashtek,
    I would request you not to drill any hole on bumper for number plate and ruin the spirit of this grey beauty...last pic is awesome.!! Congrats.
  8. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you jayadev. Can you tell me how can we fix number plate without drilling?
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    you can use 3M double tape for that, it should withstand the abuse hopefully.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Ashtek. Silver beauty looks amazing. As you have now bought the car, this what car thread is being closed now. You are requested to either start an ownership thread or post in respective threads of interest.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.