1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Vs Ritz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ashtek, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    punto is a very good car, but if at all you have made a firm mind that you want only a maruti then kick out, throw out the ritz and buy a new swift.
  2. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions.

Yesterday I went to Pratham motors and took TDs of Ritz VDI and also New Swift ZDI.

My observations -

Ritz
    - Engine performance is somewhat similar to that of GP's (this vehicle had an odometer reading of 43k)
    - While I was sitting inside Ritz in showroom, I felt that the center console (which runs down till the gearbox) restricts free movement of my left leg; it kind of partitions driver's seat from the left front seat thereby making you feel as if you are sitting inside a box. I don't remember my leg hitting the console or any kind of uncomfortable feeling during driving though (or may be I didn't notice it much. I'm 5' 8")
    - Build quality cannot be compared with that of GP's; even the quality of interiors looks just average
    - High seating position is comfortable, easy to get into and out of ther e car (I like this because I own a tallboy now:))
    - Rear seat too is positioned high and is comfortable; however the leg room is average
    - Boot space is less than GP's but I guess because of it's height it can fit in taller luggage
    - I like how it looks from the front, from behind it looks not so good (after seeing many of them on road, I think I'm a bit used to it now), from side view it looks as if it has been cut from behind. But from one particular angle (may be 45 degrees) it looks nice - like an arrow because of the boomerang shapes lights.
    - VDI with ABS costs 6.70L OTR. Sales guy said there's no discount on it, he was not sure if there's any corporate discount (max 3k)

New Swift
    - I felt that the turbo lag in swift is very minimal among all and it is quicker and steering feels light
    - Look wise it is almost similar to the older swift, not much changed; however interiors feel good and build quality is better than Ritz
    - Rear seat is similar to Ritz's but with slightly more leg room
    - Boot is the smallest among all, I don't think we can fit in all the luggage if we have to go on a long drive with family. Disappointed (esp for the price of 7.8L they should have provided more space)
    - ZDI version costs 7.78L OTR with no discount

KHT motors has given me a quote of 7.27L OTR for GP 1.3 Emotion. With discounts of 16K on insurance and 7k corporate discount it is around 7L OTR. Plus free 50 month's road side assistance.

There's also an offer going on - there's a lucky draw in which we can win
    - Diesel car for the price of petrol (only for 4 people) OR
    - 26K worth fuel voucher OR
    - 6.5K worth fuel vouchers
    Sales guy said one of the above is guaranteed.

Well...to conclude, the winner to me is ... GP! I feel it is not only a better car but also a better value for money.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  3. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm just thinking if I should wait for a month to see if there'll be festive offers or 'end of quarter' offers. I do not want to buy in a hurry only to find out a much better offer within a month or so..(esp because it is going to be festive season soon). I do not mind waiting for a month or more...as it is not very urgent and my WagonR is serving me well:) My colleague had purchased GP (petrol) few months back and he had got a corporate discount of 15K. But this sales guy told me that corp discount is only 7k and 15k is not possible. Anyway I'll also check with other dealers (Concorde, Prerna) to see what offer do they provide.
    Let me know your suggestions...
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for sharing your experience and you summed it well.

Regarding offers, I think currently everybody is giving good discounts, but waiting a month shouldn't harm.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I heard that Fiat is almost get set go with New Punto Evo. waiting a bit more may help .
  6. ashtek

ashtek Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any idea if Evo will have MultiJet-II engine or the same Multijet engine found in GP now? If they introduce Evo with 75 bhp multijet-II then I don't mind waiting a month or two as I'll be getting the latest engine from fiat (I've read that it has 8 injections per cycle instead of existing 5, 25% more torque at low revs, more FE etc..).
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto EVO news is old and rumors. I don't think any change will come for Punto at-least for this year.
  8. omzworld

omzworld

9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ashtek nice review & comparision. Thanks for sharing this information. I will suggest you to go for Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack instead of Emotion.

I was waiting for Punto EVO for 3 months when I sold my 1.2 Emotion Petrol Punto & I was not getting any information about launch of Punto EVO so decided to buy Punto 90HP. Now I drive Punto 90HP Diesel & enjoying her a lot.

Punto EVO is not going to launch in this year & that is for sure.

The discount which are going on Punto/Linea is the max you wont get more discount than the current discount scheme. This discount scheme will be continued in festive season so my suggestion would be go ahead and buy your car in this month & start Punting :car
  10. omzworld

omzworld

@Ashtek - if willing we can try negotiating with the dealers together to get anything extra as freebies
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.