1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Vs Polo Looks

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Jan 26, 2012.

?

Punto Vs Polo Looks - what looks better?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2012.
  1. Punto

76.4%
  2. Polo

10.9%
  3. Commuters (Swift, Figo, i10, i20, Brio etc.)

1.8%
  4. Both

14.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I have been smitten by the looks of the polo today and the VW badge is playing in my head. I saw it parked next to a Punto and boy does it look better? Very well defined curves, perfect tail lamps and the VW Badge. It may not compare to a Punto in performance but I think this is the best looking Hatch in the Country. I wish they had a Fiat engine in diesel just like everybody else (read Tata, Maruti etc.)

I'd like to know what do you guys think about a Polo and how it looks, hence the poll.
    I may still buy a Punto, but i am only talking about the looks here.
  2. i don't think there's any need for a poll here. polo, in my view, doesn't have looks that make it be bracketed with punto. in fact, punto looks more futuristic than contemporary, while polo belongs to 2000-2010 looks only.
    4 people like this.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Polo!!! mint with a hole
    1 person likes this.
  4. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hmmm, this is like comparing a Gran tourismo with a Audi A8!! Polo reminds me of my previous car....hyudai accent....nice lines, will not offend anyone, looks "nice".....but nice does not beat the beautiful lines and curves of the GP :).
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    punto - elegant style, no-compromising personality , piece of art and can decorate drawing room if photographed and framed.
    polo - neat and clean, pleasant, good boy look
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am confused now. Will check again tomorrow. The only thing keeping me from not buying a GP and wait for Polo to launch a 4 cylinder diesel or just pickup the 1.6 Petrol are the looks. I am convinced that Punto is a solid build and a better car. But the looks of a GP are without any curves whatsoever. It looks boxy. In fact, the Indica Vista probably looks better in my opinion.
    Do note that I am not bashing Fiat. I am just not getting it how a Punto is a good looking car. The rear on a Polo is light years ahead when compared to Punto. I am even thinking of picking up a petrol polo in 1.6 as there are no diesel options.
    Honestly, I think Fiat can do a lot to improve the looks of both GP and Linea.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Punto looks better than Polo, Polo only have the front there's nothing in sides and rear.
    A white Punto with black roof, black alloys and over 120 bhp under the hood is my dream machine if I leave Audi cars
    Punto>>Polo>>I20

Looks are subjective, heck I liked the original old verna better than fluidic verna while for most other people its other way around
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Outside looks, Punto is all the way for me. Polo is distant 2nd.
    Even Palio looks better than Polo, to me.
    2 people like this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Looks are pretty subjective to each ones taste. Both look good in their own regard
  10. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hmmmmmm.......i think i need to go down to my parking and look at my GP again ;). No curves on the GP?? Infact it's difficult to find straight lines on the GP. If you look at the car from a "five o'clock" angle, you'll know what I'm talking about! (five o'clock....am obsessed with my car! :) )
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.