1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Vs Figo Vs Micra Vs Beat

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by gvkv, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If ur running on a tight budget and also want features then look at figo.
    live with basic features(active variant) but a good engine, space, ride then look no further than punto.

the micra is overpriced and the ritz though not a bad city car by any means is just not good enough as an allrounder like the punto
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after sales of fiat may make you upset once in a while.if you don't mind getting upset then yes"punto is the car you looking for".

FIGO a lazy lump
    BEAT is more of intex mouse .
    MICRA ye repair kahan hogi fer ??(where its gonna repaired then?)

last week i was in Punjab while i was driving down from the highway and found lot of micra's in punjab.i am not sure whether micra is selling like hot cakes in Punjab .

punjab brothers please throw some light.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I would say you should decide between the Punto and the Figo.

If you can afford the price go for the diesel Punto

In case you want a VFM car go for the diesel Figo - it does almost everything that any other car does if not better. I find the city driveability in the Figo better than other diesel cars as the lag is almost non-existant. But the engine is a lot noisier and is based on technology that is older than the MultiJet. Upgraded version of Figo shall be available from November 7 onwards and you can check that out
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

The big question is listen to your heart or listen to your mind :confused:. In my place the Fiat's service is much better that Fords & we usually call Ford service centre as Fraud service centre (sorry no offenses meant here) . As of now there are issues at some places with TASS. But now things are changing. Fiat is opening exclusive service centres at some places and in a place like Hyderabad they are likely to open soon. There are some known issues with Punto which they are rectifying free of cost. But things are not as complicated as in the rumors you hear about TASS, except for some people who really had bad experiences. But this does happen with almost all the service centres. I strongly recommend to take a test drive of all these cars & make the decision on what your heart says. Good luck.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Go through the forum and you will find a list of problems & issues with the Punto. Couple of them are:

1.) Clutch Slave Cylinder though I believe the new one comes with the metal one so MAYBE you may not face this problem.

2.) Elastic pads give way very easily. You have to replace 2 nos & they cost about Rs.2500 plus taxes.

3.) Some cars exhibit the problem of pulling to the left / right. Can be solved by a competent alignment place.

4.) Rear parcel tray has a tendency to break easily. Bonnet lever can pop out into your hands but it's easy to put it back.

5.) Irritating Tata ASC where it can take upto 8 days just to get an appointment for a minor repair job.

If you are looking for a no nonsense car with reliable after sales service, I would suggest walk away from a Fiat. At least till the company sorts out the issues & niggles.

Of the rest, Micra is a feminine car, Ritz & Figo make a compelling case for themselves. Figo has a bit of an outdated 90's look to it which is personally a deal breaker for me. If you can look beyond the Ritz's design, it's a very good car.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I brought Punto because in my books, it is the most no-nonsense car I got in my budget - No nonsense about rear seat comfort, no nonsense about easy and light steering inside city, no nonsense about radical looks (a la ritzie), no nonsense about being a spirited city drive car, no nonsense about rattling pads, bare bone MID with only trip meter, No nonsense about no space between front bumper and radiator - the list goes on.

For me, Punto is a no nonsense Drivers car.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Amit I think most of the issues has been resolved by FIAT. One of my friend bought Punto 1.3 Active and he is happy with the car. Punto is the best car and no nonsense car than the ugly Ritz.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Have you decided on the what car ? Could you please update.
  9. gvkv

gvkv Timido

Sorry for the delay... Thanks for all of your replies...very informative...

Finally i understood that the car GP dont have any issues as such...

Issue is only with TASS...

So, i have shortlisted FIGO and PUNTO ...even though FIGO is not in the segment of PUNTO but due to the image which FIAT is riding in india i wanted to test drive both again and decide between two. Regarding the budget both cars are coming for the same price...Punto Active comes for little lesser due to the discounts...For now i am more biased towards GP...lets wait for few more hours to decide between two....

Thanks again for u r suggestions...
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    gvkv whenever you go for TD of these cars please compare

1) Engine noise inside and outside the cabin.
    2) Pick up of the car while AC ON and OFF
    3) Compare the features of the car
    4) Checkout Suspension of both car at bad, patchy road. If possible take TD of these cars on the same route.
    5) Check build quality and plastic materials used.
    6) Yes Figo has fantastic AC and OEM music system.
    7) Checkout in which you are comfortable on back seat.

BTW which Figo variant you selected.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.