1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto underbody hit by the pot hole stone/mine rock.

Discussion in 'Technical' started by markan.murshid, Feb 27, 2012.

1. I am struggling with this problem. I need support on this.

I hit a mine stone underbody on the arm and longi/chassis joint it made a little damage to the chassis joint. As consulted with TASS they are saying that the chassis part is damaged for sure but its not severe till the time i don't listen any sound from the tyre while driving (arm noise). They are suggesting as the part is costly and i really mean it (28K). Now the problem is i am feeling excess wear on the inner side of my tyre.

I went to a Alignment Center (not the FIAT workshop) in my town (MRF) he suggested me that the Castor reading is a mismatch but actually they don't really make any problem in punto as punto never goes out or misaligned in castor terms. When i asked the TASS to check the Castor issue they say punto never faces this problem but when i showed them the underbody impact they asked me to take the insurance claim and get everything replaced for roughly (10K) form my pocket. On the other hand the alignment center guy told me that my punto is misaligned in terms of Camber readings and i should get it fixed on urgent basis to stop the wear and tear of my tyre.

I am confused, should i go and get the insurance claim and hit my pocket with (10K) or should i leave it and get the camber fixed and enjoy the ride till the time i get noise form the ARM-Chassis joint.

Please help.....
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I would say go for the insurance. But why do you need to pay 10k? check the depreciation. The labor cost and painting if any is fully covered. Parts replaced will have depreciation.

If the part costs 20000 and depreciation is 10 % then you need to pay 2000 from your pocket.
  3. As the part cost is 28K so the 20% depreciation (mileage 61K km and 1yr 10months) so that is 5.5K and oil sump already hit bu the sheet and hence 1K and ARM to be replaced in accordance with the joint hit. 3k 20% so nearly Rs 600

total 7.5K to be precise.

I am not experiencing any sound from the arm, so if i don't get is done right now and take the claim later. I should get the Camber done first primarily as it is eating my tyres like hell.

Please advice as the insurance will take time and money.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i suggest you to get the things fixed in insurance, as driving with camber problem will keep eating your tyres
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yeah. Better to claim Insurance & get everything fixed. Why to risk paying for tyres later?
  6. abhinav

abhinav Novizio

Mumbai
    I would say go in for the insuarance and get this repaired. Tyres are costly and you will have to shell out from your pocket later.