1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto to Linea

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Cuty Red, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posts moved from http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/3770-punto-1-3mjd-emotion-pk-90-hp.html thread.

First thing first :

Met wit the FG insurance person on this saturday and promised me that by monday I will get an update . Mostly deal will be closed .

Ravi , I rememeber the promise that I made - to upload the estimate . Will upload it on tuesday . Sorry for the delay .

Next car is finalised : It is a Linea , 2011 June BNW E pack . All started with teky and ramjn who tried very hard to convince me to go for linea :) . Stay tuned ..

Usually i do PDIs in 2 /3 stages .

Completed with the initial PDI which involves the exterior checks like dents , scratches , rust , rubber beadings etc . Found no major issues .

Second round of PDI will be done on thursday once they complete their PDI . Need to check all other remaining stuffs . Mostly electrical /tyre checks .

Most important part : Odo reads H 29 .

Mods planned along with delivery : GC upgrade kit .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    9 people like this.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats Ajith. Wish you a safe drive

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Are you serious about this? Why don't you drive the car for 5-10k kms and see how that is suiting you.

People like me are thinking about retaining the original shocks and worried about its availability in the long term. I have never been a fan of this upgraded GC.
  4. Ramesh , regarding long term availability .. wont it be same as that of 2012 model ?

Also since I will be travelling a lot ( not as lot as you :) ) mostly on kerala roads I thought that it will be better to get some more GC either using kit or with a diff profile tyres. I knw that you have taken your car to almost all terrains and has scrapped few times also and still comfortable with the existing GC .

On top of that I am getting a good off on the kit which I am getting forcefully . I can never get that offer once I take the car from them :)

5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Cuty red Congratulations for your Linea. I will suggest you to not to get GC upgraded. LINEA with high ground clearance doesn't look good. The distance between wheels and wheel arches is too big.
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    congrats Ajit , have a wonderful time with the Linea :)

GC is needed , nowadays they are mad on speed breakers we don't know when we are gonna hit bottom...
  7. Thansk Kedar .

Even with 15 inch alloys I see that there is a huge huge gap betwen wheels and wheel arches. I know that it is going to increase with the GC kit . But 171 mm is too low for a sedan . And going for higher profile of tires is just out of reach .

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Very true Vijay .. GC Kit or high profile tyres .. we need more GC for linea in Indian roads :) .While buying punto that was one of the main feature that I liked.

Thanks for your wishes..

1 person likes this.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

If you are going for the GC kit, then I would be interested in the struts and shocks that you would not require, for use in my Punto. Would like to hear from you . My number 9282107003

9. Wow!!!Simply awesome...From Punto to Linea,its really worth it....Congrats,and hope to see more from you very soon...Btw,how much is the Linea on-road??
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Use high profile tires, atleast use the stock for 2 years and then opt for GC kit.... doesnt it sounds VFM :D

being specific with low GC linea is Killer on the road.... i would ask you to see the black Hip Hop linea running under the shades of trees.... ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.