1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Suspension problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nand_nand, May 18, 2013.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I currently have issue with the suspension on my Punto. Whenever I go over a huge bumper, I hear a weird sound coming from the suspension "krichhhhhhh". I am not sure whether it is from the spring or the suspension. I did not hear any sound when I am driving alone (tested it several times). I had been to KHT two weeks back and they told me the shock absorber has to be lubricated and they removed my front left suspension totally. I was bit scared whether they will fit it properly. After that I had driven for 1.6k kms on highway, but yesterday I again saw the issue when 4 persons(including me) where sitting on my car I heard the sound when I ran over a huge bumper. I am not sure if it is a problem with my suspension or it is just the sound coming from the spring? Do I need to consult the service center immediately or can I wait till my second service which is due next month ?

Can someone guide me on this? :-(

Thanks,
    Nanda
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the noise from any particular suspension or from all 4 sides? I used to hear similar sound from front right suspension while going on bumps. But it used to happen occasionally and irrespective of the load. I just ensured that there is no uneven tyre wear and have continued enjoying the drive without bothering much.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Board Express
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It does not come when I drive alone.. but I hear the sound when someone is sitting in the front..it does not come always it comes only when I go on big bumper.. :-(
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think its under body touching down when there is load in the car as u have mentioned specifically that sound comes only with load in the car.It can also be mudflaps scrapping as rubber is hard.
    Umesh Kumar and fiatlover like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Very likely. I had this for quite some time. Recently, I shifted to the absolute mudflaps, and the noise is gone.
    As a test, drive the car after removing the front mudflaps.
  6. sai krishna

sai krishna Timido

hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    "krichhhhhhh" sound is from the strut mount bolt. Fiat punto has a weird problem from the manufacturer ..strut mount holes on the chassis is 1.5 mm bigger than the actual bolt size.so when ever you cross speed breaker or pothole..it creates a play in suspension, causing the noise..you can get it checked by any mechanic..
    IMG_0271.JPG
    RaviHegde likes this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Sai
    I never got this type of play in suspension and noise as told by you .
    I have owned 2 Grande Punto.
    The defect may be only in your specific car which you owe.

BTW who is this bogus KHT FASS ? He is misguiding & looting customers by telling lubrication to sturts ?

All suspension and steering parts of new generation fiat cars from UNO to GP are permanently lubricated.

Lubrication of sturts ? Is this bike made by Bajaj or Honda ?
    Control cables of 2 wheeler bikes need lubrication not 4 wheeler
    amitshedha likes this.
  8. Techno

Techno Timido

Gurgaon
    Seems this thread is closed. Can you tell me if this finding solved the issue for you and what wasthe cure ? I'm having similar issue with front right suspension in Fiat Punto Diesel 2012.