1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Suspension problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by nand_nand, May 18, 2013.

1. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I currently have issue with the suspension on my Punto. Whenever I go over a huge bumper, I hear a weird sound coming from the suspension "krichhhhhhh". I am not sure whether it is from the spring or the suspension. I did not hear any sound when I am driving alone (tested it several times). I had been to KHT two weeks back and they told me the shock absorber has to be lubricated and they removed my front left suspension totally. I was bit scared whether they will fit it properly. After that I had driven for 1.6k kms on highway, but yesterday I again saw the issue when 4 persons(including me) where sitting on my car I heard the sound when I ran over a huge bumper. I am not sure if it is a problem with my suspension or it is just the sound coming from the spring? Do I need to consult the service center immediately or can I wait till my second service which is due next month ?

Can someone guide me on this? :-(

2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the noise from any particular suspension or from all 4 sides? I used to hear similar sound from front right suspension while going on bumps. But it used to happen occasionally and irrespective of the load. I just ensured that there is no uneven tyre wear and have continued enjoying the drive without bothering much.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Board Express
  3. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    It does not come when I drive alone.. but I hear the sound when someone is sitting in the front..it does not come always it comes only when I go on big bumper.. :-(
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

I think its under body touching down when there is load in the car as u have mentioned specifically that sound comes only with load in the car.It can also be mudflaps scrapping as rubber is hard.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Very likely. I had this for quite some time. Recently, I shifted to the absolute mudflaps, and the noise is gone.
    As a test, drive the car after removing the front mudflaps.
  6. sai krishna

sai krishna Timido

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    "krichhhhhhh" sound is from the strut mount bolt. Fiat punto has a weird problem from the manufacturer ..strut mount holes on the chassis is 1.5 mm bigger than the actual bolt size.so when ever you cross speed breaker or pothole..it creates a play in suspension, causing the noise..you can get it checked by any mechanic..
    RaviHegde likes this.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Sai
    I never got this type of play in suspension and noise as told by you .
    I have owned 2 Grande Punto.
    The defect may be only in your specific car which you owe.

BTW who is this bogus KHT FASS ? He is misguiding & looting customers by telling lubrication to sturts ?

All suspension and steering parts of new generation fiat cars from UNO to GP are permanently lubricated.

Lubrication of sturts ? Is this bike made by Bajaj or Honda ?
    Control cables of 2 wheeler bikes need lubrication not 4 wheeler