1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Stock headlight not efficient

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Balu Chandra S, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I own a 2012 Punto Active which I bought at 20k km, 3 months back. I had a Swift VDi before. Now the problem I am facing is "Lower head light throw". In Swift I used to drive in low beam always and switch to high only when needed. But in my Punto, low beam throw is too low that I couldn't see the road properly and hence I have to keep high beam mostly which results in frequent shifting to lower beam whenever a vehicle is coming in opposite direction (I strictly don't want to harm others).

Please let me know if this is normal in Punto? If yes, whether changing the bulbs will solve the problem? Also suggest which bulbs to use. I don't want projectors or bulbs which need relays.

Also let me know if it can be corrected without changing the bulb. I have checked with one workshop and they said this is the maximum they can do.
  2. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Philips Extreme Vision H4

Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H4
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Please try Philips rally 100/90 with ceramic holders and roots wiring.
    This will be good setup for low beam - City and High beam - Highway.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Balu Chandra S

Well I would say get the headlights aligned first, if problem still persist then look for replacement, as I find the throw is wide spreaded and heads enough to use on highways (moderate speed though) in my car.
    Hope you are aware to adjust the beam settings too provided on dashboard near hazards light.:)
    Tornado and Balu Chandra S like this.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am sorry but I am against the idea of upgrading the bulbs to 100/90, (no offence @whitepunto76), but I find it ethically wrong.
    The other alternate is OSRAM NB+ or Phillips Extreme Vision. I too agree to @vtlreja2 on the spread, I am using the Punto since 2010 and have done 76k with this and have I've done a lot of highway drives, very rarely I need to use highbeam else low beam + fog works good, check if by any chance you have the highlight position is set anywhere between 1-3 or may be at the FASS end they might have tweaked the alignment of the headlight, you can get the alignment checked with FASS or any local garage if you trust.
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  6. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Nice of you.
    I'm using Philips Extreme Vision+ and can suggest that.
  7. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Anup, does both of them compatible with factory cabling and holders? or does that also needs to be changed?
  8. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OSRAM NB+ or Phillips Extreme Vision are stock replacement which needs no alterations or modifications.
    However if you choose to go for 100/90 bulbs then you will have to buy a new bulb holder(ceramic preferably), a cut-out and some wiring.
    If the electricals are not done properly then you will face issues in future.
  9. srineevaas

srineevaas Timido

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am planning to fit Osram Xenarc HID and the shop guys says it costs Rs.12000. Please suggest, I am using Philips Xtreme vision but not sufficient.
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Please dont install without a projector. In other case you wont see the roads in rain when you use HID in reflectors