1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto spotted as a TAXI Disheartened :(

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sachin koltekar, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team...

Last night while returning back from work saw Fiat Grande Punto overtaking me and was happy to give him way, unfortunately, the number plate was YELLOW. Tried to drive parallel to take close look and noticed it was T-Permit vehicle for Call Center.

First Fiat Punto in Mumbai with T-Permit was shocking. This vehicle made me stand outstanding in my friends.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry has vehicle but few only goes with BRAND. This is 3rd vehicle in 3 generation. (Grandfather - Padmini, Dad - Linea, Me - Punto).

If company is trying to clear their old stock by giving huge discount’s and common man buying the vehicle for use of TAXI is a bad idea according to me and again why company to make more sales they have to give T-Permit.
  2. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here in Bangalore, i see many Grande Punto Active cabs running for the BPO's.
    zenwalker likes this.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    On the flip side , a brand being used as taxis points out that service/maintainence costs are low , the car is abuse-friendly/robust and most importantly reliable.

Might also act as silent publicity for the brand. I can imagine a passenger in a Punto/Linea cab being impressed by the comfort , safety etc. - stuff that we usually talk about. :)

Anyways , all said and done , linea/punto taxis are still quite rare at least in NCR. Do not feel disheartened , imagine the "plight" of someone who owns a Merc/BMW/Audi and spots one of those cabs (which are much more common) :D
    prabhjot, mchanna, asimpleson and 3 others like this.
  4. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Infact I feel it's a good thing, this way more people will come in contact of Fiat cars where they don't even think of them while buying. This will atleast give a little road presence to Fiat.
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    IN Bangalore, I Have seen some 4-5 white Punto Active with Yellow board. and not really used for BPO or company Rounds. But normal Passenger taxis doing outstations.

I dont see this as bad. fiats are just 0.5% of indian car market. So the Yellow Board New gen fiats are very rare. And Agree with others, it will carry more people who are unaware of Fiats.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sachin koltekar
    No need to be disheartened. Every manufacturer/brand has their top selling model being driven by the cab or private taxi associations. Now if enough customers aren't buying Fiat vehicles, Fiat will sell them to taxi operators. I hope after sitting in Fiat cars, customers do talk good about them which will bring customers to the otherwise empty dealer showrooms.
    sachin koltekar likes this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Along with Grande Punto, I have also seen couple of Linea's plying as cabs in Pune. It hurts for a second however then i see brighter side of it, lower maintenance cost shall drive cab agencies or cab drivers to buy FIAT cars and secondly with such cars used as cabs, many people shall start recognizing FIAT cars as cars with comfortable ride.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    And I wouldn't mind seeing a Linea TJet as a cab, a very difficult proposition perhaps. ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is quite nice to see that TFIans think of this as a positive thing and always thought that perhaps this could help shed off some negative perception about Fiat cars and make more people embrace these cars. In fact I think I read somewhere that Nagesh Basavanhalli thought of selling these in big nos. via some government tie-up in some state. Does anyone remember reading this..?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 19, 2015 ---
    Here is the link -- http://www.telegraphindia.com/1141121/jsp/business/story_19068182.jsp#.VQpIso6AbTo