1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Sports 2012 Caster issue

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by linuxmanju, Apr 9, 2014.

1. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Hope I am posting in the correct section. Got the wheel alignment and balancing done last weekend, and found that the caster is not within the permissible values. I would appreciate if any knowledgeable soul here could help me how to go about it. I read in few threads that if the caster is offset only option is to replace the suspension components. Can someone here elaborate and guide me ?.

Caster.jpg

Thanks in advance
    Manjunath
  2. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Caster denotes how much tilted is steering axis . Now logic for replacing suspension component comes from the fact that caster is affected by vehicle height , so say weak rear suspension ( say spring is weak and rear suspensoion is at slightly lower height ) will reflect in less postive caster. Typically for lower caster values you will notice that steering is more sensitve at high speeds . Also it affects things like how your wheels return swiftly after taking turn.
    Please check suspension.

1 person likes this.
  3. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    Pushkaraj thanks for the reply. Just got a call from the SA, yesterday he was saying that they are changing the suspension. However today morning got a call saying that the issue was fixed by lubricating the suspension.

I found it bit odd that mere lubrication could fix it. Can you please confirm, if that could be the case?. Searched everywhere by could not get a reference of lubrication fixing the caster issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Q800X using Tapatalk