1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Sport Spare (stepney) Size 14"

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by srirambond007, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    I am in for the second option. The OEM alloys + tyres :) .. but give me a couple of days.. i am in talks with FIAT CC, they are not aware of this change from 15" to 14" ..

2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @srirambond007 - relax buddy. Who is even talking about rich / poor here? The example of BMW was just to show that even higher segment cars resort to such cost cutting measures. Agreed that FIAT should not have sprung this surprise on the current buyers, especially when earlier models came with same size tyres for the spare, but my contention is FIAT has not done something totally unprofessional.

Since the difference in circumference ~13 mm, it will be quite safe to drive with the spare, albeit at a reduced speed of 80 kmph. It is unfortunate that the improbable scenario I pointed out happened to you, but I doubt if you were doing 140-160 on a Zen. All in all, the bottom line is, YES, FIAT has introduced some cost cutting measure without keeping the customer informed, but since the spare provided is usable and makes sure that one is not stranded in the middle of nowehere, I believe this act is not something that will be a deal breaker.
    BTW, just curious, did you have tubeless in the Zen or was it tube type?
    Peace,

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    @Rajan Let them reduce the price and not provide it all. I can buy one for myself. Now its is like i paid for the spares and if i want to upgrade i am losing the money coz the local tyre shops would exchange the 14" for cheap rates and i have to buy the new ones from them at whatever cost they are quoting.

4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bond,
    Write an email of cheating to FIAT India.Again this will not be cheating from FIAT side. :)
    When emotion model spare tire comes with same specification as off the running ones.then why not sportszz...
  5. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Well Ganges.. I just did today morning.. Lets wait and see what they reply!
    1 person likes this.
  6. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Ok. Here is an update, FIAT did not even care to reply, just like before, so i decided to upgrade from my own pocket (Heck i am unsatisfied), but i don't want to mess up my wheel set up .. I bought a 15" RIM and trying to sell my 14" to some punto active/dynamic or swift guy may be.. :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ I would love to see a swift guy swiftly (pun intended) pick up the deal and the wonder how in the world to fit a 98 PCD rim on his ride. OTOH, this rim will surely be heavier than what he has and might bring the answer to the famous "kitna deti hai" question by .05%, which by his standards would be unacceptable :D :D

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  8. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    @Patchy i didn't now both have different PCDs .. hmm .. then only punto active or dynamic buyers ...
  9. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Sorry for the delay ji. Here are pics ..
    image.jpg

image.jpg
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    You really need to ship this spare tyre back to FIAT. With the note - Thanks, but no thanks. :lol:
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.