1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Sport - Hip Hop Black - Absolute Edition

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by kvharesh, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    @kvharesh - just been to 3M Near Madhapur, saw your car..its absolutely stunning..congrats for your car.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally!! How long does they give the warranty/ how many free treatments are they giving for this price you pay?
    One thing is your daily/weekly cleaning will be much easier than on the company paint due to the additional coating above it.
  3. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    3M Paint Sealant Advance Treatment

Thank you DCpunto.

@Varunrtr - they are giving 6 Months of Guarantee/Warranty and saying it will last up to One Year. There are no free treatments as such. Yes regular cleaning will be easy.
    For long lasting shine guy over their said once in 2 months go for a Wax wash, it will cost Rs. 460 + Tax.

Highlights:

The swirls are gone and there was a scratch below the tail lamp due a senior citizen driving a break less scooty in B2B traffic. Which was removed 85%, it is visible when you take a closer look. Overall it was excellent treatment. They have to improve on interiors cleaning. They forgot to clean the polish on the plastics.:rolleyes:
    Went for a drive on weekend about 800KM (2-way), will do a plain water wash and see how it look.:cool:

-Haresh
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Is this the 3M authorized car care? The amount charged seems to be higher. As far as I am aware of the paint sealant will not cost you more than 4000 bucks (its actually 2995 + Service tax).

No need to do a bimonthly waxing. Get the jopastu duster and simply dust out the surface. Once in two months + Waxing should keep the car good. Get the Sealant based treatment after a year. The car will be as good as new.

What all services were opted at the 3M center. By the way 3M does not permit the cars to be left at the center overnight. As far as possible please collect the car back the same day.

Do post some pics after the paint treatment
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    @nkrishnap

Yes, this is the authorized 3M Car Care Center. There are actually two types of Paint Sealant treatment. I believe the one you are talking about is the Paint Sealant - Essential . This costs around 3400 (approx) including taxes.

The one that Harish opted for is a much advanced treatment (3M Paint Sealant- Advanced). Hence the higher price.

I got mine done the other day and they really did a great Job. I chose power shine. My Car now looks absolutely stunning. Will update them in my ownership review.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

6. There is nothing advanced about this,this is done on comparatively older cars,or cars with scratches,it is same as essential pack along with compounding which removes small scratches(no effect on deeper scratches)...I opted for this product as my car had scratches done by lunatics,it costs approx 5k...But is worth it...
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations, it looks way sexy. I am planning to buy one soon. :)

Mod's Note: Do not quote the entire post especially pics. Please quote only relevant part.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  8. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Correct, I agree. As per their brochure, the only thing that they do in Advanced treatment is perform surface sanding and exterior compounding.
  9. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    DSCN7587.jpg DSCN7614.jpg DSCN7622.jpg DSCN7623.jpg DSCN7636.jpg DSCN7638.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    6 people like this.
  10. kvharesh

kvharesh Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My Absolute 90 Turned 1

A Stunning Year with Absolute 90HP..:-D DSCN9064.jpg DSCN9067.jpg DSCN9079.jpg DSCN9102.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    10 people like this.