1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Sport Absolute -d Me :)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by KRUDRACOY, Oct 2, 2012.

1. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Mate, your spoiler is a FIAT one or something else? I have booked Punto Sports this week and the spoiler cost as per them is 8k with some 1k reduction... this includes paint job (going to paint red like you)... They said that the FIAT spoiler will be drilled into the body whereas the other one will be using clips. Please help.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    many of us have got spoilers from JC road bangalore. Replica ones, which comes painted in stock colors, no need to drill as its a clip on and costs you less than 3k ! check the pics n details here: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-accessories/3336-spoiler-oem-aftermarket-3.html
  3. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Varun. In looks, will the OEM and the aftermarket one differ? Drilled down will be firmer than the clipped ones right?
  4. KRUDRACOY

KRUDRACOY

Bangalore
    Hi,
    Sorry for Late Reply :(
    Im on a vacation with my Punto :)

As far as I know its a Fiat one. Im not sure if the dealer had played any Golmaal in that. And its a clipped one. If u see the fiat accessory list in their website (http://www.fiat-india.com/fiat-accessories.aspx) the price was around3.5K, I forgot exact figure. But they informed me that paint cost will be extra, which they can say at any point of time :D.
    Hmm, red one! I really love my spoiler in Red. And many of my friends too. :clapping Btw, What is the base colour of your car? :)
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I wonder why they stopped the big sporty sticker on the side of the sport version like this?
    Fiat_Grande_Punto_Sports.jpg
    Or is that version never released in the indian market or is it available on request? or what? I like that sticker very much the existing one.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    though the drilled ones will be firmer, clip ons is not clumsy either. having clip on in mine, it havent moved a bit in any bad roads or expressways ! just feeling bad to drill a hole :(

The OEM Spoiler will be a drilled one only and there is no clip on from factory . after market ones doesnt even cost half the price of factory one..

this was just for the auto show, not launched anytime.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The OEM Fiat ones are the best in looks and cost 4.1k without painting.

The clipped ones are an eyesore when you see the car closer.

I have the OEM in my car and have not drilled. Cut the screws off and used a heavy dose of 3M double sided tape. If you drill it, you can see rusting in a few days.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Pardon me for asking, could you please give a detailed info aboit this?
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

What details exactly are you looking for? I can post a few snaps if needed.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Details about OEM and the clipped thingy your talking about. A detailed explanation with pics would be great or a thread reference is also fine.