1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Speaker upgrade

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by suniljm, Jul 30, 2011.

1. suniljm

suniljm

Hyderabad
    I am taking delivery of BNW Punto Emotion Pack on monday 1st August. I verified the VIN# and as per VIN# of the vehicle, manufacturing date is May 2011 and the odo reading is "H 46". Hope this is OK. Thanks to the checklist available in this forum.

Are the stock speakers really bad? I have seen lot of negetive posts about stock speakers. I have 6" JBLs and 4" Sonys (both cicular) taken out from from my outgoing car. I can use these speakers if the dimensions match with Punto speakers. Is it possible and really worth?

-suniljm
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suniljm, my sincere advise would be to retain the stock speakers for at least a month. Enjoy rattle free drive for at least a month and only then go for speaker upgrade. One or two rattle post speaker upgrade is inevitable so it is best to delay it by at least a month.

Yes, the stock speakers are bad if you listen to fast paced songs. They are adequate for soft music only where the focus is primarily on vocals and lyrics. :p

BTW remember to tune sound equalizer to Jazz from head unit settings for better sound.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?1455-ICE-Considerations
    Take a look at this thread from first to last, and by the end of it, you will reach a conclusion to your queries about your upgrade. The speakers which you are planning isnt worth an upgrade and stock ones itself would be in par with this set up of yours. The size for the speaker in front door is 6.5" and in back door is 5.5" .
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can put 6.5 at the front as well as rear. Best combination is to put 6.5 inch component speakers at the front and 6.5 or 5.5 inch coaxial speakers at the back. Just make sure they don't cut any wires.

Hertz DSK165 are good components. So are Rockford Fosgate. JBL GT5 also are good comps. Check out the ICE considerations thread.

Stock HU has a 30x4W amp only so also take care not to invest in speakers like Infinity Kappa etc. Not worth the money paid as long as they are powered by stock HU alone.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    take it as a caution advice.
    the oem speakers in punto linea are worst speakers world would have seen.
    look at mine rear speaker with burnt coil. fortunately the coil did not melt down making a short circuit and my head unit is still safe.

so i would recommend immediate change of all four speaker after purchase of your beloved drive..

901.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even I changed the speaker in my car on 2nd day of cars delivery. I opted Blaupunkt GTx 663 3 Way Co Axial Speakers which can be fixed in all four doors.
    Price Rs. 2500X2 = 5000
    OEM Speakers Buy Back Rs. 2000

Total Price paid for Blaupunkt Speakers Rs. 3000. :)

Ask dealer for buy back if it is possible, here in Pune I bargained a lot to get most of the things FOC.
  7. Mike

Mike

Guys,
    I have a Emotion Pack Bossanova White Punto,I have upgraded my speakers to
    Front - Sony Xplode + Components
    Rear - JBL Speakers
    I would like to add a JBL 500W Bass Tube and a JBL Amp,is it possible to do it,will it harm my Integrated Blaupunkt
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U'll need a good hi-low converter. there wont be any issues with the HU
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    How can we do that? please help...
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Kadar I observed sound ouput of your Blaupunkt at Malshej. Sound was good. But it was lacking dynamic output.
    At high voulme THD was more. You ought to have install 6" Kenwood 3 Way . It has very decent ouput.
    In SPK & HU of Kenwood you will get the output as per original recording quality of track.
    I mean more recording quality more better output.
    Remaining brand can't replicate the output as per original recording quality of sing.
    Because only Kenwood HU & SPK comes with technology namely "Sound Image"
    As I told above in Sound Image technology we get output as per original recording quality of track & recording preferance given to every instrument used in that particular song.