1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Saved our life

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Mar 19, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This is why in minor frontal collisions, our Fiats don't damage the radiator, intercooler and stuff. Whereas you know what happens in case of a Swift or Figo.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pvc pipes?? LOL !! :p
    btw recently saw in another forum, that maruti's so called front crash bar is also known as Dog Bar, the purpose of which is mainly to protect radiator from dog hits happening in indian highways !! LOL ..
    3 people like this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's made of such a lightweight material and hence it's invisible to normal human eyes.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. 20821d1333802752-grande-punto-fx1160-fog-lamp-installed-dsc00035.jpg

Folks, looks like FIAT reduced crash gaurd in punto's too.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Jo Bhi Ho Punto is still the safest option it's segment :boxer.. I guess they're trying to control the costs. Still it's MUCH better than Swift.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    @Sat-Chit-ananda What is the metal tube above the crash guard and infront of radiator grille?
  8. Not sure what it is need to trace the plumbing.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats power steering pipe!
  10. Well i strongly disgaree with that . I hit a dog and damaged my intercooler and has to replace the same. There was no external damage to the car for my surprise..I do agree to the fact that punto is a strong car. On another instance i hit a big goat and bent my radiator ,damaged intercooler and damaged by Air condition which bulked up a bill of 65K. I was doing a 120 when i hit the goat but able to drive the car for the next 200kms to the nearest service centre after dropping my family at home.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013