1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Saved our life

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Mar 19, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Okay. Let me correct my statement then. :)

I am not sure how the weight reduction happened but Fiat reduced 60 kgs. in Punto from May/June 2010 models.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Whatever, this useless propaganda cost us Anti roll bars / Stabilizing Bars (or what ever)!! For 60 KG, there could be some other components missing that only FIAT knows. Difference may not be evident @80-90 km/hr but i am sure that it did affect Punto's high speed capabilities. No ,matter who says what, The Antiroll/Stabilizing bar was there for a purpose in 2009. Let's not reinvent the wheel with arguments like that Punto's handling is still good enough. It is a degraded Punto which was heavier than many C sedans for a better handling/control virtue. Fiat can't be blamed, they had no intention to degrade Punto's suspension in India.
    Damn you experts, keep expert comments for Chinese & stop worrying about FIAT, Leave FIAT alone:mad:!! I just realized that my 90HP is a degraded Punto:A.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No need to worry. Kerb of 90HP (1144 kgs) remains unchanged ever since it was launched.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Were Punto not being light-weighted earlier, 90 HP would have been 1200 Kg. So pls don't interrupt as i want to keep banging my forehead:A
    3 people like this.
  5. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I always feel more proud to say others that "My car weigh hundreds of Kilos more than a few sedans" than ''I own the most powerful diesel hatch in India''. I wanted to show off that my car has the build of Tank!!! :devil.
  6. ENKI,

When I saw Gopi's 90 HP's front crash guard it was same as my March 2010 punto,it was double the size of 2011 Linea.

Gopi's ferrari.jpg
    I think you don't have to worry.May be FIAT used high tensile steel for front crash guard for Linea.?
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I have seen many Punto's with their bumper opened up at TASS but that yet to see that kinda guard::OO. May be this guard is looking too scary in the pic but this is huge as compared to models what are sold right now. It's a budget car segment & i don't think FIAT has replaced something thinner but more rigid, that would add to the cost. Ultimately FIAT is here for some business. If people don't want safety at the expense of 50-100 KG dry weight, FIAT has to make it light. Problem is "experts who helped spreading such propaganda never bought a FIAT in past & won't ever buy one in future.

Real worry now, this won't stop here but FIAT will do that in every upcoming models. There is no other option than removing such metal bars for safety & heavy suspension components. We should do something about this & send a message across to FIAT.
  8. Okay let me spice up this discussion,those who were surprised about Linea's front crash guard be ready for more surprise,swift and dezire has this kind of crash guard.
    Plastic electric pipe might be stronger than this wouldn't be an understatement.
    IMG_20130410_172415.jpg

IMG_20130410_172428.jpg

IMG_20130410_172439.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am sorry. Where is the crash guard?
    1 person likes this.
  10. Lol!! I don't know the answer.