1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Saved our life

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Mar 19, 2011.

1. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Is this weight reduction is on both 2011 linea and punto?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you talking about the Weight reduction which happened in 2010, then YES.
    The Kerb weight of both Linea and Punto was reduced post June'2010.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That was bound to happen. I have seen numerous experts condemning Fiat's weight during year 2011-2012 without looking into what is there to make FIAT cars heavy. When Punto 2012 was launched, it was obviously 60-70 Kg lighter:drinks! Just to earn reputation of a expert! When Antasio is studying Indian Auto market, he is surely going to check forums related to FIAT's brand, TFI in this case. One should understand if A or B seg. car is lighter, Manufacturer didn't use carbon fiber but cheap plastic to make it light! When 2-Wheeler manufacturer's can make light cars why not FIAT who is making cars since 115 yrs. I hope experts won't comment FIAT's as heavy now:evilsmileelse as a next step, FIAT is going to take out those impact beams & make it lighter than tin-boxes with more margin/car.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No ENKI.

There was no weight reduction happened with the 2012 models. To make it very clear (again) here is the statistics.

When Linea and Punto was launched (2009),
    Kerb weight of Linea MJD - 1291 kgs.
    Kerb Weight of Punto MJD (75) - 1190 kgs.

When Fiat launched the Punto 90 by the mid of 2010, the kerb of all cars reduced.
    Kerb weight of Linea MJD - 1210 kgs.
    Kerb Weight of Punto MJD (75) - 1130 kgs.
    Kerb weight of Punto MJD (90) - 1144 Kgs.

This still remains as is.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nope. He is wrong.

I stand by my statement. I know what I said is 100% correct. :)
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine is a 2011 punto which weigh 1144 kgs. Fiat silently removed the rear anti roll bar from punto, as the suspension is already stiff and anti roll bar is not really needed. That is the reason for the reduction of weight. Even after the removal of that heavy bar, the body roll is well controlled and it's very very minimal. Apart from that i don't think fiat would have compromised on the thickness of any parts of the car be it the sheet metal or the impact beams.:)
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  8. Anti roll bar is not there in my 2010 punto too.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If your car was manufactured after Apr'2010, then yours will not have it for sure.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ramesh - IIRC punto never had ARB right from 2009, because mine is Feb 2010 and also remember seeing pictures of 2009 without one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2