1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Saved My Life now what.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mandarm, Feb 12, 2014.

1. mandarm

mandarm Timido

Uran - Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Had a deadly accident on Old Pune Road near Shedung Toll Naka was taking a U turn and was stranded as there were cars passing on other side of highway. Then there was a bang:eek: a tempo trucks fully loaded hits me at perpendicular angle. I guess it was Punto which sustained the hit and I got away with small scratch.

if it would have been maruti or hyundai i guess it was end of the road for me

But Car being damaged on right side both doors and middle pillar gone.

Will Post pics.

Now its lying at Balaji World at Pawne, Turbhe Navi Mumbai and will take atleast 25 days for full repairs.

The car is 4 years old and has done around 35 K.

Should I keep it or sale it

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is the view just after I got hit
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Oh so sad to see this buddy,thanx to solid tank of Punto that you are safe & unhurt.
    Wish your car is back to normal soon,plz dont sell your Punto as she's the life saver for you & your family.
    4 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Sorry to see about the damage to your car but glad to know that you are safe and unhurt. The Punto's tank like build has saved you which in any other car would have been a disaster. Did you take any action against the Tempo driver?

What was the estimate given by Balaji, did the Surveyor have a look at the damage? Does the repair cost exceed 75% of the present IDV? If so, then you can declare the car as total loss and claim the IDV from the Insurance co. But I would say keep the vehicle if the structural integrity of the car is not seriously compromised.
    3 people like this.
  4. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Hey Mandar, so sorry to hear about your accident, but the at the same time I am really happy to know that you are safe and sound. I agree with Nadeem, don't sell it, especially now, when it saved you from such an accident. If the repair costs are way too much than you can handle after claiming the insurance, you might give it a thought, but for now, just relax and enjoy your life. Do post the repair costs and the new shots, when you restore your baby. Take care mate, cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. mandarm

mandarm Timido

Uran - Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Luckily theirs no engine damage and most being metal will be covered in insurance though will have to pay the depreciation. Service guy Mr. Nagendra says no damage to chaise and car will be as good as new

Hoping for best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 people like this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Very sad to see another beauty being damaged. Glad that your fine and safe. 4 year and its damaged badly. Looks like its depreciation rates has gone down alot more than usual. See if you can get agood deal. But on the other hand, first car (if at all) is like a baby.
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Very sad to see the punto in that state, but glad that no one hurt!

You can think of selling it unless you love and have emotional attachment :),
    The damages can very well be repaired, remember to replace the door with new one dont try to repair it.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    mandarm, that was a nasty one. Good that you are safe. You have an active variant MJD Punto which is going at some 5.15 lacs on-road based on some hear-say from last week. Do post about your IDV as suggested by ghodlur, so that we can suggest further. I doubt if you will be able to claim total loss, but either ways, you car will be fine if chassis damage is not done.

the one posted on tbhp is also similar to yours, pls. check the same.

Fiat Punto Accident: B-pillar damage - Team-BHP
    2 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very sad to see accident and I am glad that no one hurt badly. Looking at the damage I can imagine the situation.

As Channa said dont try to repair the doors, I would suggest to change it.

I dont think there is much damage to your car and can be repaired rest of the things, If you have emotional attachment with the car then repair it and keep it orelse exchange it with new upcoming Punto or Linea.
    2 people like this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    mandarm, Sad to see what happened to your punto, but thank god you are safe, i suggest get your baby restored than selling it off, wish you and your punto speedy recovery.