1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto price quoted

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by prem, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Srini

Srini Regolare

Bala, I do not accept your statements. For any car manufacture who sells hatch and sedan segment, you will see the same difference. The top hatch price is equivalent to entry level sedan. Also, that cannot be a reason for calling a car a failed one. You have to substantiate more. Also, a lot of car manufacturers have left market scenes in many countries for various reasons. Example Opel left india - would you call Opel's cars a failure? Please substantiate your claim. I do not agree to supporting FIAT blindly at the same time cannot accept to bizzare accusitions as well.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Srini,when i said failed,I meant the sales numbers.Isn't 500 Puntos a month and 100 Lineas a month,a failure?,when 90,000 people have booked Swift with the same engine.
    It does not give any pride in driving around or riding a market dud.
    A cousin of mine who had paid Rs.10 k towards booking a Linea with a used car dealer did not even go back to collect his advance after hearing numerous Fiat tales(you can read one even in this month's issue of Autocar)These cars are failures even mechanically
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Make sure you get OEM Mats and not After market ones as freebies.. Try and avoid body coating, instead ask them to do a good wax on car.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Even the Jazz failed in sales. Does it mean that Honda is a failure. you go to car market and ask about horror tales and everyone talks about fiat. Ok. show me one guy who has driven fiat vehicles for some time and he will be a die hard fan. He might or might not go for another vehicle with FIAT but he will not spit on it. Ok, going with your argument, FIAT sales are absymmal. I agree. Ask anyone and he talks negative about FIAT. Have they owned one before talking. It would be almost equal to none. Such a car cannot be a failure bala. It can be in sales, but not otherwise.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

You have not listed any (max 7000 for MNC and 9000 if you are a doctor) corporate discount and you can bargain more with the dealer. Also, please make the demands clear to the sales girl (if she is jasmine) she is known for making a lot of false promises.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my friend booked a punto emotion yesterday and the final quote he got after bargaining with 2 dealers here is 6.09Lakhs!! i was just :eek: after hearing it from his mouth.... the dealers were selling it at a much higher price than what is mentioned as the ex showroom price in the fiat website. he shot a mail to fiat and made them give it at that price which saved him 10k !! then the diwali offers and usual freebies like insurance, warranty,etc. When i bought mine, dynamic costed almost this price and i would have gone ahead with emotion.....hence i would like you to cross check the actual amount VS the amount quoted by them...
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am not agree with Bala about the resale value. I sold my Punto Petrol few months back and I got good resale value. I sold it to end customer so no commision funda applied here. I bought Punto 1.2 Emotion for 4.94 lac and sold it for 4.90 lac. which is a good resale value for FIAT Petrol car. I sold my car within 9 months and I completed 15k mark on odo.

Prem go for Punto 90HP if your budget allows you or else stick to Punto Emotion.

A big no for Hyundai i20.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

I got following discounts/freebies in Mumbai

1. Free Insurance
    2. 10000 Cash discount
    3. 7000 Corporate Discount
    4. 5000 additional discount (after a bit of negotiation)
    5. Mud flaps, floor mats, car cover, idol
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  8. Bala, there are various reasons for a car to be a failure. Not pondering over the reasons for that, I accept that the main reason for a car to be a failure would be the sales numbers.

However, out of the 90,000 (has crossed 1 Lakh now) people who have booked the new Swift, how many of them do you think would have
    had a test drive
    known all features and differences between the variants
    or atleast known the size of the OEM tyre

There are a lot of people in India who just don't dig into a lot of details before finalizing a car. I must say 90% of the people just buy a car because they/their wives/girlfriends/family like the way it looks. All they would know is the type of fuel they've gotta fill, the car's displacement (CC), their car's color (believe me, many of them don't even know which other colors are available on the same car) and the like. Why am I speaking about others, I myself did not know that The Grande Punto's was (is still being) built on OPEL CORSA's platform which GM lent FIAT.

May be Punto and Linea don't sell in large numbers here, but REMEMBER, Punto was the car that brought back life to Fiat which was almost on the verge of a total shutdown. It bagged the european car of the year and managed to be beat the sales of the notorious VW Golf in the year of Release (VW Golf in Europe was like the Swift in India). So, Indian car market is totally different from other car markets in the world. Let's not bluntly ridicule a car with this history and hail another car just for the sales numbers. After all, it is what it is and everyone on TFI is aware about it. What say guys?

After reading this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...tion-new-maruti-suzuki-swift-brake-issue.html, how many people do you think would have withdrawn their bookings??? You never know.. To Each, His Own!!
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Aerials in the sky,all your observations were spot on and I completely agree with you and immediately I looked into your signature(to see as which Fiat car you own),which read a Safari and not any Fiat car.It's easy to be a Fiat enthusiast than being an owner of a car(no offense meant),running after the TASS guys is time consuming(you should know better)
    Is Punto built on Opel platform??,I don't think so,may be am not informed
    Yes,Punto was the car which brought Fiat back from bankruptcy in Europe,no such miracle will happen in India though.
    Kedar,you sold your Punto for an unbeleivable price(I wish I could get one for my Linea too)
    Certainly do not go for an I20,it's ride is aweful,no match for a Fiat car
    I some how believe that for 30k more you can go for an MJD Linea-dynamic,instead of a Punto90hp
  10. Bala,

I understand that simply Loving Fiat is easier than "Owning and Loving Fiat" and that is the reason I have booked a FIAT GP 90HP today :) Yes, indeed the punto is built on the General Motors' GAMMA platform. Here is a reference, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Gamma_platform#SCCS .