1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto power windows problem

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by manish, Oct 13, 2014.

1. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    no not yet. I am living with the problem. Some how I have got the windows rolled up and got it disconnected from the service centre as that particular part (controller) was not available. Now that the back windows are also showing signs of failure, I need to get the controller replaced. Will talk to the service center to make sure that availability of the part and will get it changed.
  2. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    i think maybe your extended warranty maynot be of 'europa assistance'.i think fiat's ext warranty is provided by some other company also.
    BTW mine also had the same problem,and the SA cleaned the window switches and connections,now its ok
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Along with this problem, has anyone faced glass jumping from the track while downing the window?
    I have been having this on the driver side since 2nd year of ownership, at every service they end up changing the motor and the problem gets resolved for 5-6 months, however as per EW booklet Power window motor/track are not part claimable, I have changed it once in warranty and the next year I paid about 4K excluding labor, I have to change this year too. This is a very strange problem yet SA claims it is a frequent problem in Fiat cars
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. caballero500

caballero500 Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys

Today I observed that the rear windows doesn't roll down fully and the stop midway. I dont recollect how it was working earlier with child-lock turned off.

Does anyone have come across this issue (feature?). I will try to disable child lock fully & test it again and see.

Any pointers would be really helpful as this is driving me nuts:mad:
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi.

If I may: it's strange you aren't aware that this is a safety feature, common in many (all?) European cars, the rear windows do not roll down fully. This is BY DESIGN. Not to worry! :)
    caballero500 likes this.
  6. caballero500

caballero500 Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks prabhjot, now I will get to snuggle off peacefully.

Does this feature remain enabled all the while, ie with & without child lock being enabled? Is there a way to turn off the same?
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Nope, don't think so. Must be something to do with EU safety regulations, i guess???
  8. caballero500

caballero500 Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree its a very good safety measure but somehow feel that there should be a way to roll it down fully. Well let me test it and see as I recollect the windows rolling down fully.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The windows dont roll down fully since it is a design limitation, if you look at the wheel arches at rear in some cars. Whether it is a limitation, marketed as safety or really is a dual intent by manufacturers is not clear.

Recommend reading further over here.
    caballero500 and prabhjot like this.
  10. caballero500

caballero500 Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson thanks for the pointer.

Today took the effort to drop in at Vecto motor and I have been told that this is by 'design' since Palio days.

I have got confused this with my Getz which rolls down fully, happy I got this clarified

Thanks everyone and seasons greetings to everyone
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.