1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Petrol or Diesel

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I have read somewhere that diesel engines (might be older ones) could run in kerosine. Not sure though...
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    1.2 Dynamic Fire is 6,00,00
    1.3 Dynamic Diesel is 7,25,000

For top of the line, 1.4 Emotion in Petrol is 7,72,000 vs 1.3 Emotion Diesel 90 HP at 8,34,000
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If monthly running is less than 1500 km then go for petrol.

But if you go for petrol then 1.2 is breez to drive. Coz max. totque is @2500 RPM.
    So less throttle input for getting full potential from powerband. Less gear changes & better
    low end totque.

1.4 is only for race on express highways. In city and crowded highway 1.4 is gutless. Coz max torque of 1.4 is @4500 RPM. In real world we can' accelerate car upto 4500 RPM in any gear.

So 1.3 MJD or 1.2 petrol is wise choice.
    IMO 1.4 is made for heavy sedan linea

Power delievery of fiat engines is in linear format. So you will not get irritation of sudden & uncontrolled power of M wagon-R
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Slightly OT: I know at least one person who drained the diesel his old generation mahindra jeep and poured arrack (country liquor made from cashew apple) and started the engine, just for testing and proving to others.
    1 person likes this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Modern day diesel engines are very good in milage, maintainance. Even you are driving 500-600 km per month you can go for diesel now a days.

Fiat is not good in petrol engine as far better in diesel. If Engine is the only option & petrol go for Honda ( or T jet for Linea only) and not for Punto (Till T-Jet Punto available in India) & If diesel go for Punto/Linea anytime.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Totally wrong information. I used FIAT UNO petrol for 9 years. Clocked 170000 Km without any serious issue.Once my driver by mistake put diesel in my petrol UNO. After that he travelled 150 km.After that we cleaned fuel tank,carb & pipeline. The car started with black smoke. After using car for 2-3 months.All smoke disppeared & after that I used car for next 2 years with normal operation.Today is there any engine from Jap/Korean company which can be survived after putting wrong fuel + used 150 km on wrong fuel ?Answer is No ! Please don,t write this type of statments.
    4 people like this.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    I wrote here Fiat petrol is not good as Fiat Diesel ( Fiat Petrol vs Fiat Diesel), so be :cool:

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Good that Car is in Good Condition. Petrol & Diesel technology is different & it would damaged Engine performance anywhy.

Why you need to put diesel in petrol Car. Every car has its pros & cons and if you have done any mistake with fuel you have to change it immediately. There is nothing that FIAT/VW/BMW/AUDI will survive with wrong Fuel and Honda or any other car will not be able to survive, its a IC engine rule & principle for using correct fuel. It will surely damage your engine & its performance.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I just read that there is going to be an additional tax on diesel cars in the upcoming budget and that totally skews the balance in favour of petrol cars. On top of that there is talk of removing/reducing the subsidy on diesel.

What are the REAL chances of any of this happening in India in the next year or so?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Have you been in comma in since 1899 & just got up to post this message?
    That biggest rubbish i could see anywhere on auto forums. Thanks for being my first favorite for worst comment ever.
    Sorry i had no intention to hurt but i guess you check it & make up your mind.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

That will shift the balance & not now. If diesel car's prices will shoot up in future, don't miss the chance to buy a diesel now. You may get a hefty premium when you sell it later on.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So if I buy now, I won't need to pay the additional tax on diesel cars?